No announcement yet.

Simple old school + new school, call it pre skool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh good golly, you and I need to get together and work out a solution to both our problems.

I can get paint to adhear to stainless. That's no problem. But I can't do anything with stainless.

Brother, if I had your tallent with stainless, I'd have all my bodywork done in pollished stainless.

Comment

Originally posted by Zweihammer View Post
      I have a sideline making reproduction medieval armour for those who like to play knights on the weekend (here is a couple of pics of one of the helms I have made, a gothic sallet)

Well now we know how you came up with that classic style tail that is even better than Hans A. Muth,

Comment

I have to be honest I am usually not a fan of non stock tails, but that looks really good. Flows nice with your build, well done.

Comment

That tail is very nice looking mod .. can't wait to see it completed.

Comment

WOW, great F'n job. Our bikes could be cousins. Love with what your gonna do with the tail, I prefer that tail better. I was gonna do the same thing before winter n crap showed up. Gotta pick up my skills, you're makin my KungFu look weak. I got the Flatslides as well but I 'm waiting for spring...
            This is what it looked like before packin it in for winter.

Last edited by Guest; 01-28-2010, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Squeezin the battery and electronics might be really tight!!! Here's the temp tray I made up.

Lookin at it again...it may fit fine, nevermind.

Comment

Here's my build link, not much though, but in case you have any questions.

Comment

Damn dude, nice job so far!

Comment

I would like to mod my tail to Zweihammer's idea, cut it and shorten it up.
                    Seems to be the general consensus around here to those who mod...

I always liked the 81 tails anyway. Gotta study up on fiberglassing, I cant do the aluminum thing.
                    What are you doing for pegs?
                    Keeping the stock lights and cluster?
                    How bout the exhaust?

Great job man!!!

I always liked the 81 tails anyway.

Comment

clever reverse of your picture to compare patrick.

i really like the upside down ikuzus decal

Comment

Originally posted by newGS300Lowner View Post
                        clever
                        i really like the upside down ikuzus decal
                        He just spelled it in Japanese

Comment

patrickmcp, you have a super sweet GS. I have admired it since you first posted, it let me know I was on the right track. When I get to tidying up my electrics I would like to ask you a thing or two. You have done an exceptional job.

My December and January have mostly been getting my wife back on her feet from surgery and making up lost time at work. All I have managed in three weeks was to make patterns for my rearset mounts.

My eB*y fork set is piddling oil down the right fork at an alarming rate just parked in my garage. I have had naive thoughts of rebuilding them myself. But having never seen what is involved I just don't know. Is this something best left to those with experience and the proper tools?

Cheers, Erick

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
                            Great job! seems like there are more and more oldskool builds showing up here, very cool..
                            Amen!

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

Nothing of great note these last couple months. I will try to take a few pics.

We hit a bit of a financial wall with some large medical expenses and lost work. So I have been spending much of my free time working on income generating projects, finishing my CNC and customer work. The nice weather we are starting to have taunts me and tells me I should be ready to ride soon, and winter is practically over.

I have spent many an hour staring over the workbench at her though. You know the large empty area above the new monoshock left by the vacated airbox? I am contemplating building the muffler to fit within those confines with two outlets on either side of the swinger, behind the seat uprights and ahead of the wheel. I am going to mock it up in paperboard first, should be different.

I really don't want anything encroaching the newly open area created by the new swinger and tapered tail section, cluttering up my new clean look. I am even annoyed I have to put the license and signals back on!

Thanks for the nudge, patrickmcp! Any developments on your side?

Cheers, Erick

Comment

Working...
                                X