Wanted: Pictures of Windjammer on GS1000G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curly View Post
    Honestly I didn't know anyone was a fan of these "things". Why not a cafe fairing or something similar?
    I paid $300.00 for the (now RUNNING! ) bike and the fairing and bags were FREE!
    Besides, I already have a couple of GS's with a Rifle fairing and a little windscreen.
    This one, will be the "traveler" after I make it into an 1150.

Daniel

Comment

Dat'll buff right out!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Andre...

Last edited by rustybronco; 11-07-2010, 05:20 PM.
      De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

After rustybronco posted these pictures everyone became speechless!

I will really appreciate more pictures of a Windjammer on a GS, even any with the lowers as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Matchless View Post
          I will really appreciate more pictures of a Windjammer on a GS, even any with the lowers as well.
          Hang on, I'll be home in 10 days and will get them to you.

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          Andre, I know I have a set of pictures of an 850 with the full Vetter setup, but I think they are on my computer at home.

If nobody has a good set before I get home, I will send them your way.
          sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            Hang on, I'll be home in 10 days and will get them to you. .
            Steve,
            No problem, just looking around for various colour schemes and matching the Windjammer V decals etc. Even Craig Vetter does not like the Windjammer V decals and suggests going back to the older ones.
            I am slowly eliminating what I am not going to do in this way.
            Keep well.

Comment

Look at my sig. The small top sig picture is my 850 with the 'Jammer IV, the other pictures have the 'Jammer V SS and lowers. It should be similar to what you want. The lowers are actually from a 750 so I had to do some cutting around the engine for it to fit right.
              Last edited by Guest; 11-11-2010, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
                Look at my sig. The small top sig picture is my 850 with the 'Jammer IV, the other pictures have the 'Jammer V SS and lowers. It should be similar to what you want. The lowers are actually from a 750 so I had to do some cutting around the engine fot the to fit right.
                Dan,
                Thanks I have peered at those a while back but my eyes are not so good anymore! What sort of cutting did you have to do to make them fit?

Comment

I'll go back and post them in larger detail for you. Since the 750 has a chain and the clutch apparatus is set up differently I had to cut some extra plastic off, shortening the inner sections of the lowers and shaping them around the engine. Doing so also made my carbs accessible without removing the lowers. I'll take some more pictures later today and post them for you. Hope that'll help some.

Comment

If you click the link in my sig you'll be taken to the "For Sale" thread for my GS1100G. The pics there don't include the lowers, but here is a recent pic of the bike with the lowers installed.

Regards,
                    Last edited by Guest; 11-10-2010, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Planecrazy View Post
                      If you click the link in my sig you'll be taken to the "For Sale" thread for my GS1100G. The pics there don't include the lowers, but here is a recent pic of the bike with the lowers installed.
                      Thanks, those are exactly the type of pictures I was looking for. What a beautiful bike!

Comment

Here are some better picts of mine:
                        There was plastic going back and covering the carb area and it interfered
                        with the clutch cable so I trimmed it off and also rounded out that circle
                        around the cam cover cap.

Same thing here on the left side, I had to trim out around the starter,
                        the cam cap and I took off the part that covered the carbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Matchless View Post
                          After rustybronco posted these pictures everyone became speechless!

GEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZ Dale!! WTH?

Comment

My '81 1000G:

Current Bikes:
                            2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
                              Here are some better picts of mine:

Thanks! Those are excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by ddaniels View Post
                                My '81 1000G:
                                Good pictures! I am still trying to locate a radio pod, did you make the speaker panels on the cubby holes?
                                Thanks and nice bike!

Comment

Working...
                                X