No announcement yet.

Dyna S and Dyna 2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ya i think i have about 6 igniters and only 2 that i know "work" maybe one more that i have yet to test.. the rest failed shortly while riding some faster than others

Comment

I just had my Dyna S and coils(green) tested by Dyna. The S was fine but the coils weren't. They replaced the coils for half price. Did I mention that they were both 25 years old? Dyna is a great company... Any questions and you can talk to them in 2 minutes...
      Curt
      sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

Generally the Dyna Ignitions and coils are very reliable. If they fail, more often than not it's because they are killed rather than quit due to a defect.

Electronic ignitions don't like high or low voltage. It is very important to check the charging system output to ensure it's good. If the regulator is bad, you'll not only cook wiring and batteries, but spike the electronic ignition components. A simple check with a voltage test meter tells the tale - fire the bike up and check the voltage across the battery terminals. Bring the RPM up and it should only rise to around 14v. If it keeps climbing past 15v the regulator is suspect. Depending on the bike and how the charging system is configured, running a bike with a bad battery can cause issues as well.

Never leave the igntion switched on. This can overheat components and fry coils (ask me how I know that one).

Comment

Originally posted by jeff.saunders View Post
          It's far better to ask BEFORE you buy...
          well it's cool. at least i get to fab some stuff now.

Comment

Working...
          X