GS1000 streetfighter idea w/ picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 80GS1000 View Post

Forgive me if you've already posted it, but do you have a close up of the brake side adapter bracket as well?

Comment

8trackmind-

Here's some more photos for you. This is how I ran these rearsets for about 1000 miles on the road last summer, worked great. Never ground out a footpeg while leaned over all the way.

Last edited by Guest; 12-01-2007, 01:59 AM.

Comment

There's a small, triangular piece of thin steel plate welded in the V of the subframe on both sides of the frame. A bolt runs through the upper bolt hole of the rearsets, through a hole drilled in the small bit of plate steel, which is then secured with a nut on the other side. This reinforces the adapter plates.

The bottom two bolts on the adapter plates go into the stock footpeg mounting holes.

Now we just need some prettier looking bolts than those fugly 8.8 metric hex heads...

If you have any questions, shoot.

Comment

If you have any questions, shoot.
          Found out what I need to know. Thanks.:grin:

Comment

just caught up....

left
            Last edited by Guest; 12-04-2007, 06:10 PM.

Comment

right

Comment

New guy here:-D I would go with the white striping on top of it.
                I can attest to the Silverstar bulbs they are awesome.I have a set of them I used on a GSXR with dual lights before.Before I sold the bike I changed the bulbs to the oem style.
                I've been looking at an older GS (81) with 1150 motor with big bore and all the rest of those goodies\\/With some luck she will be mine.
                Mike

Comment

I'm kinda diggin' this Japan-only GSX1400 fairing instead of the original GS1000S fairing - might look better with the USD forks. The shades of blue and white look good too. Whaddya think?

Comment

I'm kinda diggin' this Japan-only GSX1400 fairing instead of the original GS1000S fairing - might look better with the USD forks. The shades of blue and white look good too. Whaddya think?

you are right sir,
                    you'll also notice that the paint design is less busy than on the original

Comment

Don't givi do one similar to that??

Dan
                      1980 GS1000G - Sold
                      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
                        Don't givi do one similar to that??

Dan
                        Show the way on that...

Comment

Maybe I was thinking of this... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MEWA:IT&ih=011

Or perhaps it was a Shoei.....

Personally I like the Maier one, Dennis Kirk sells them.

This is what's going on mine for the Yosemite trip.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=300180442489 not as nice as the maier in my opinion but it fits!!

Dan
                          1980 GS1000G - Sold
                          1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                          1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                          1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                          2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                          1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                          2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

OK, so a few emails to some Suzuki dealers in Tokyo and Sapporo revealed that the fairing from the GSX 1400 Wes Cooley special edition pictured above is no longer available from Suzuki of Japan. Bummer.

But, one of those dealers was nice enough to point out that there are aftermarket fairings that look pretty darn close.

Whaddya think? I'd get a plain white one and repaint it to look like the one pictured above.

and one mounted on a GSX 1400:

Here's the link: http://www.nproject-jp.com/bluster-s.htm
                            Last edited by Guest; 01-19-2008, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Dude that thing looks killer. I say do it. Makes the bike more asthetically pleasing to the eye

Comment

I think that looks pretty killer.

Comment

Working...
                                X