X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooling overkill

New oil cooler.

Block connections

Here is where it hit the headers, have to find another way to connect to the block. Missed it by that much. Clears the other side. Any ideas?

Did you install an 1150 oil filter cover? It's needed no?
    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Use the OEM Banjo Bolts

If you can find them. They sit much closer to the engine.

Or call Paragon; I think they might be the 10 mm bolts and banjos

Bike looking good otherwise.

Posplayr

Also as Nessism says, pickup the GS1150 cover. They are about $30 new at BB. Required to block direct flow to the oil filter and reroute out to your cooler before returning back to filter.

An old related link; sorry I got rid of the pics previously showing the banjos

This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.
      Last edited by posplayr; 08-04-2008, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
        Did you install an 1150 oil filter cover? It's needed no?

Yes, paid $12 on ebay

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
          If you can find them. They sit much closer to the engine.

Or call Paragon; I think they might be the 10 mm bolts and banjos

Bike looking good otherwise.

Posplayr

The block threads are 14MM If I rememeber right? I'll have to check again i don't rememeber. Think it would require a angle on the Banjo to clear the cooling fins. I've searched for hours on the net for somthing that would work. Might have to pick up the phone.

If I could elimnate the metric adaptor that I currently have would save me some clearance.

Comment

Pricy but it would getter done

Other sources are cheaper just Google 14 mm banjo

Posplayr

Comment

I need to know where to get that oil cooler! Its awsome.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbash 27 View Post
                I need to know where to get that oil cooler! Its awsome.

It's an Earl's. Search on the net you can find 10 or so dealers that can sell you one as fast as you can say "my walet is open and now empty" Isleoman has an older version. Mine is overkill.

Once you get the cooler, mounting bracket, fittings and hose you can drop $300. Then you have to modify the bracket, new bracket bolts, I will also have to modify the horn brackets to remount them to the bike. I'm not running a thermostat. That would drive $$ it more. There are more cheap routes to go

I bought all my cooler stuff a year ago and left it in a box. Now I'm getting busy but hit another road block.
                Last edited by Guest; 08-04-2008, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Same header as yours as far as I can tell. My fitting with the metric adaptor sticks out further. My header seems closer to the frame to me?

Comment

Sunburn

I went to the trouble of posting these pics , so now you will probably tell me you have not switched the covers yet . Anyway it might help someone else. Pci on the left is the GS1150 cover required for the 1100/1150 factory oil cooler installation.

Posplayr

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                      I went to the trouble of posting these pics , so now you will probably tell me you have not switched the covers yet

Paint was drying on my 1150 cover when I took the photo without the headers. It needed some touch up! Changed the cover before the header went back on. LOL purchased the oil cooler in July of 07 and purchased my 1150 cover a year before that. It just sat it a draw waiting for this day . Mine has a little opening on the block off that I could not see on yours. Is it there?

Comment

Close up of my block connection i need to trim

Comment

Your set-up looks pretty good! Do let us know the extent of the temp drop, with this cooler installed.....I recall some of your earlier posts re. the temp gauge reading too high, sans cooler. Up here, I find even the 1150 cooler I'm running overkill, unless ambient temp is 80F or higher....oil temp will reach 175F, but no higher, on cooler days (which is probably not a good thing?).

Tony.
                          '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
                          Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

Sunburn

Yep the cutout is there. I measured it once but dont have the numbers now.

You gonna do Banjo's ?

Here is a little cheaper alternative for 14 x 1.5mm thread ; shipping is a killer though

Posplayr
                            Last edited by posplayr; 08-05-2008, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by isleoman
                              They sure look the same. I'm wondering if my hanging bracket in the rear is lowering my slip on attachment and there by changing the angle of the dangle for the headers. Or to say it another way if I lifted the slip on in the back it might pull the headers closer to the frame rails. Just a thought. By the way Sunburn you bike looks awesome!!

My header is binding right now. I can't get the rear bolt to start due to the contact with the earls fitting. I may have used too big of a fitting. Yours looks smaller. Are you running 6AN? Mine is 8AN with hind site should have used 6AN and I would have been riding right now

Comment

Working...
                              X