vacuum port adaptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vacuum port adaptors

I know some of you guys have made your own vacuum adaptors for carb sync, I was hoping for some info on how you do this. Thinking of taking on the infamous home made manometer project.

+1

Comment

Get 4 bolts of the correct diameter & thread pitch, about 2-3 inches long & drill a hole in the center. Cut the heads off & you have your adapters! You will need access to a lathe or need someone that does but, even if you have to pay someone, it should be cheap. Ray.

Comment

Wouldn't it be easier to thread some brass tube? I made some from thick wall brass tube and threaded the end. Use a nut and washer to mount to the port threads.

Comment

Originally posted by almarconi View Post
          Wouldn't it be easier to thread some brass tube? I made some from thick wall brass tube and threaded the end. Use a nut and washer to mount to the port threads.
          That's all the ones from somewhere like motion pro are... I believe Z1 sells "spares" of them.

Dan
          1980 GS1000G - Sold
          1978 GS1000E - Finished!
          1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
          1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
          2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
          1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
          2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by C.V. View Post
            I know some of you guys have made your own vacuum adaptors for carb sync, I was hoping for some info on how you do this. Thinking of taking on the infamous home made manometer project.
            How about you just PM me your address and I'll drop these in the mail....
            (Unless that takes all the DIY fun out of it)

I bought a spare set when I got my motion pro and now I have a morgan unit on the way, so I don't need 'em...
            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Hi,

I was thinking of picking up a set of these to go with my new Morgan Carbtune.

<< Click

Only $10.70 for the 6mm tubes. Not bad. I need to order oil filters and shims anyway.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
                Only $10.70 for the 6mm tubes.
                BC...I think you need the 5mm ones...

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                  BC...I think you need the 5mm ones...
                  Oops. Thanks.

<< Click

Even better, they're only $9.26.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
                  Last edited by Guest; 03-19-2009, 07:19 PM.

Comment

As nice as the Morgan Carbtune is, the crappy black plastic adaptors included with it are a royal pain in the ... fingers.

The brass tubes make things MUCH easier. I use my old Motion Pro brass tubes with a Morgan Carbtune, and life is grand.
                    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
                      As nice as the Morgan Carbtune is, the crappy black plastic adaptors included with it are a royal pain in the ... fingers.

The brass tubes make things MUCH easier. I use my old Motion Pro brass tubes with a Morgan Carbtune, and life is grand.
                      Great...now you tell me after I offer my spare set to C.V.....

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                        How about you just PM me your address and I'll drop these in the mail....
                        (Unless that takes all the DIY fun out of it)

I bought a spare set when I got my motion pro and now I have a morgan unit on the way, so I don't need 'em...
                        PM sent. Thanks Bob, you rule!

Comment

Question Guys

I bought these from Motion Pro but am wondering what you use to cap them when not in use? I thought I saw someone post it a while back but cant find the thread. I am thinking that caps rather than stoppers like motion pro shows

Thanks All

Comment

I just put the screws back in the intake after I'm done....
                            I don't leave the adapters in place...

Comment

Thanks Baatfam Guess I was thinking of them as a permanent addition but that does make more sense. I was wondering why the 6 mm came with the little white stoppers and the 5 mm didn't

Comment

Working...
                              X