No announcement yet.

Some assembly required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You suck. You suck. You suck. I totally dig these GSX-G's and would love to get my hands on one, but after watching all the work you have to do to clean carbs I have to rethink my position.....

Nah. You suck! Well done!

Comment

I ordered pods for it today.
      It will be back to the drawing board again after I get them.

I had the carbs out and in, in under 3 hours this last time.
      I HAD to take all of the other stuff off to get some swinging room to get the manifolds out the first time.

Daniel

Comment

Won't run with pods Daniel?
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
          Won't run with pods?
          LOL!

You know. Just like your 1230 doesn't run with them either.

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
            LOL!

You know. Just like your 1230 doesn't run with them either.

Daniel
            Runs like poo poo
            Going on a ride with Jim today!
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Baby gets some new shoes!

Removed the old tires (10 years OLD! )

Looking MUCH happier with new shoes!

These Michelin Pilot Road 3's are even sipe'd for the coming winter riding! :teeth:

Tomorrow, she gets the new handle bar.

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                Baby gets some new shoes!

Removed the old tires (10 years OLD! )

Looking MUCH happier with new shoes!

These Michelin Pilot Road 3's are even sipe'd for the coming winter riding! :teeth:

Tomorrow, she gets the new handle bar.

Daniel
                Nice, very nice.................

Comment

Ha ha. I didn't see the strap on the handlebars at first and thought your bike was perfectly balanced on the centre stand, sitting there with both wheels off.
                  79 GS1000S
                  79 GS1000S (another one)
                  80 GSX750
                  80 GS550
                  80 CB650 cafe racer
                  75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
                  75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

I have been finding all kinds of uses for that engine lift working on scooters.

Daniel

Comment

I can recognize those HF digi calipers from a mile away. lol

Comment

As this model uses 1" handle bars, I had to be creative as all that I had were 7/8".
                        I found a set from a Victory motorcycle and cut 1" off of each end to make a bar that is much more to my liking.
                        Instead of 28" across, it is now 31.25" and about 2" higher.
                        I was in too much of a hurry to go for a test ride to take a pic of the stock versus the new bar.
                        Perhaps these pic's can give a clue...

With the Victory bar, does that now make it a "Cruiser?" LOL!

Chilly video (mid 40's out.) of the road that I was going down were the secondary drive seized on the 850.
                        The camera was NOT supposed to show the speedo and tach as it was mounted high on the new bar.

Good thing that the speedo reads in kilometers.
                        I still have to find out what is wrong with the forks...

Daniel

Comment

Stock bar versus the Victory bar.
                          Even using a Victory throttle as the original one was cracked and glued together by one of the PO's.:

This is where the camera was mounted.
                          I will have to find a better location or raise it and move it forward so as to not show the gauges.

Changed the fork oil and added 1/2" of pre-load to the stock springs today...

The PO had several different kinds of fasteners holding the fender/fork brace on!
                          I HAD to fix that!

Took the Wife out for a ride now that it is safe with new tires and suspension.
                          I was worried about the seating position for her with the higher rear pegs and seat.
                          She said that it will be quite comfortable for much longer rides.

Daniel

Comment

I don't mind seeing the gauges. I started watching that video and then turned the light off, enlarged the screen and just sat in front of my computer and took the ride with you. I even paid attention to the gears! Thanks for that. I love that part of the country.

Comment

ND, then you noticed the habitual letting off of the throttle when any vehicle is spotted. That road is posted 40 mph. Whoops!

Around here, they come in all sizes and colors! Marked and unmarked!
                              Makes it difficult to have a safe/fun ride.

Take these rides, in HD, if you liked that one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CywPRMQ0l48 (Had to mount the camera on the tank)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udmnz58_yHs (Wife on back. 16 miles.)

Daniel

Comment

Geez, you've got some real jerks commenting on your vids. I enjoyed both of those. I don't care where you keep the rpm's.
                                I did notice you laying off the throttle with MOST the cars but there were a couple you seemed to identify as non-law-enforcement and accelerated right past. Beautiful weather for those rides. Here in Portland the weather is now turning to liquid-sunshine and will most likely remain that way for the next 6 months. The track opens in April. That's my main area of concern.
                                Keep warm out there in the desert and thanks for the vids.

Comment

Working...
                                X