No announcement yet.

newG 1100g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love it! there are some NOS 1100G tanks for sale on UK ebay (I picked one up for £150 instead of the £250 buy it now) please trace (copy somehow) your decals before you rub them off... will be following this. Cheers

Comment

keep up the work Charlie. Looking good so far.

Comment

Originally posted by londonboards View Post
        Charlie - you are doing a grand job. I have the exact same bike which has just taken me 400 miles into Belguim and back.

Pictures from Belgium trip.

Keep going.

Greetings

I don't know about a Grand job, I'm just getting going. Your trip, that's what it's all about. I'm going to spend a bit of time looking at those photos. Belguim is looking more and more interesting. That Triumph is a "MONSTER"! How did your bike get along with those pseudo GS's? I'm sure they were nice lads. Looks like a grand time.

cg
        sigpic
        83 GS1100g
        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
          I love it! there are some NOS 1100G tanks for sale on UK ebay (I picked one up for £150 instead of the £250 buy it now) please trace (copy somehow) your decals before you rub them off... will be following this. Cheers
          Paul,

I'm hoping to send the tank and body work off to Repduction Decals to get some new ones made. I like the Gold and Black theme and I'm hoping I can get them done. If I'm able you'll be able to get new ones from them.

PS: I thought all the members in the UK would be at Hurricane party. What's up?

cg
          sigpic
          83 GS1100g

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by JAG View Post
            keep up the work Charlie. Looking good so far.

Thanks for the interest and support.

cg
            sigpic
            83 GS1100g

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
              Paul,

I'm hoping to send the tank and body work off to Repduction Decals to get some new ones made. I like the Gold and Black theme and I'm hoping I can get them done. If I'm able you'll be able to get new ones from them.

cg
              The worst of it passed me by I like the black and gold for one bike, make sure you cut a fair deal on decals, if they come out real good, I'd take one set, 1948man is also after a set, maybe Richard, so lots of follow on work if the get the template right

Comment

Paul,

cg
                Washed Out.

Comment

Just placed an order for parts. New rear spline, fork seals/goodies, carb boots, handel bars and a bunch of misc parts for $383.00. Sure glad it was a free bike. Nw I wait..... Still have to purchase the brake lines and parts.

cg
                  sigpic
                  83 GS1100g

Comment

Don't ya just love ordering and receiving parts!!

Greetings
                    Richard
                    sigpic
                    GS1150 EF bought Jun 2015
                    GS1150 ES bought Mar 2014: ES Makeover Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                    GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                    GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
                    Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50
                    Join the United Kingdom (UK) Suzuki GS Facebook Group here

Comment

Originally posted by londonboards View Post
                      Don't ya just love ordering and receiving parts!!

Greetings
                      I don't like the ordering... involves spending $$$... but I really like the receiving
                      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                        I don't like the ordering... involves spending $$$... but I really like the receiving
                        I love comming home and finding the package waiting. Empting my account...not so much fun there.

cg
                        sigpic
                        83 GS1100g

Comment

Haha yep I hear ya' Charlie
                          1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

The worst of it passed me by I like the black and gold for one bike, make sure you cut a fair deal on decals, if they come out real good, I'd take one set, 1948man is also after a set, maybe Richard, so lots of follow on work if the get the template right
                            Paul,

I've contacted the decal company and I'm going to ship my body parts (motorcycle that is) to them for them to copy. It will only cost me shipping both ways to have this done, as they don't have this design on hand. Once they have this design on file, I assume the costs for other interested parties will be comprable to the other 1100g design they do have on file. Now to find a box big enough to handle these parts.

cg
                            sigpic
                            83 GS1100g

Comment

Paul,

I've contacted the decal company and I'm going to ship my body parts (motorcycle that is) to them for them to copy. It will only cost me shipping both ways to have this done, as they don't have this design on hand. Once they have this design on file, I assume the costs for other interested parties will be comprable to the other 1100g design they do have on file. Now to find a box big enough to handle these parts.

cg
                              sounds good !!I'm glad shipping the body part's doesn't cost an arm and a leg

Comment

sounds good !!I'm glad shipping the body part's doesn't cost an arm and a leg
                                The shipping costs are yet to be determined. We'll see what US to Canada and back is. Has to be better than Uk to Canada.

cg
                                sigpic
                                83 GS1100g

Comment

Working...
                                X