No announcement yet.

GS1100G Cafe Racer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgot to metion... This build is WAIT FOR IT................................................ ............ LEGENDARY!

haha

~GSJohnny

Comment

PM sent... mucho importante'
      Last edited by Guest; 09-11-2011, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GSJohnny View Post
        They look great... the rear looks like it has more of a taller curve on the tire surface.
        I agree they look great! But the "taller curve" is partly due to /80 profile. /90 would be more appropriate for the rim and would have less "curve".

Sam, if you wouldn't mind posting on how they hold ON road once you break them in that would be great... cos they look really awesome
        GS850GT

Comment

So is it Sunday morning there and you got another day to play... or is it Monday and you got to go to work?
          Sunday night here... I'm dreading going back "to the grind" after 10 days Vacation

Comment

Its Monday morning. And I'm at work earing the bling so I can fund this bad boy.
            Cant wait to get home though!

Comment

Originally posted by oohsam View Post
              My good man,
              No one in vic stocked them either. I got them from a place in Sydney on Ebay. They shipped them both for $20 (both tyres!). Cost me $250 all up.

Here is the info. I suggest emailing them instead of buying on ebay as they will combine the postage.

Check this link. This is what I got i love ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....3#ht_871wt_907
              Cheers for that! I just read in AMCN the other week that there's a new dealer or something in Sydney called "Trooper Lu", so I'm guessing this is their eBay presence...

I'll check 'em out and see if they carry anything in my 450's size...
              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Thats them. not sure how new they r but their service is second to none

Comment

W00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000t!

Sorry for the excitement. It turns out that Hoosier, sent me a PM, possibly to avoid embarrassing me...about my bleeding issue on my calipers.

Firstly. He pointed out that my bleeder in the previous pics, are on the bottom of the caliper. They should be up the top...I put them on the wrong sides, and thus, upside down, and thus allowing the air to be traped up the top and i was bleeding from teh bottom.

I swapped them when i got home from work, and 5 mins of bleeding, I had a rock solid brake lever. I spent days on this, with nothing, then 5 mins of it (the right way up) and I have brakes as solid as boulder.

Thanks Hoosier! Life saver wont be making that mistake again lol
                  here is the latest...

Comment

SWEEEEET!
                    Don't mention it... I enjoyed every minute, but then my hands stayed nice and clean... LOL

Comment

Nice pick up Hoosier!

Bet that feels satisfying now oohsam!
                      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Good to hear you got the problem sorted.
                        Yes, Hoosier Daddy has an eye for detail for sure, its those funky disks that everyone was drooling over you see, no one else even saw calipers, let alone bleeding nipples.
                        The man could probably tell you what colour eyes the girl with the low cleavage and big boobs has too.

Comment

Bahahahahaha....yes. Indeed.... :P

Those darn pretty discs I tell ya!

Comment

Hey oohsam..
                            I've just made my return to the land of the living and the forums.
                            The bike looks great.
                            I wondered about a red frame myself and wasn't sure but seeing yours has confirmed it. Brilliant.

Where abouts are you based?

Comment

Hey Leigh!
                              Welcome back my good friend!

I'm also south of melbourne - Berwick. I'm sure you know where it is.
                              Feel free to pop in any time. My garage is your garage. I have lots of good tools that can be of use if ever required. I can't guarantee my knowledge but I'll give anything a crack!

PS. Thanks. I wasn't sure bout red either, but thought, what the hell.
                              Last edited by Guest; 09-13-2011, 10:19 PM.

Comment

I'm in between Karingal/Langwarrin/Skye/Frankston
                                Sort of.

It'd be cool to come up one weekend and check the progress.

Comment

Working...
                                X