short twist throttle - GS1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

short twist throttle - GS1000

anyone know of an aftermarket throttle tube or throttle assembly that works on a GS1000 to reduce the amount one has to twist from idle to full-open? i running VM29's with dual cables.

thanks,

paul

Yamaha R6 (early 2000s) tube on mine works a treat.

Or you can do this:
    Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.
    Last edited by hampshirehog; 08-06-2012, 05:49 PM.
    79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

on my 750 it was by using this

throttle tube change from your stock one, to using one from a 2004 Yamaha R1

(
      Throttle tube for a 2004 R1 (4YR-26240-02-00) )
      I was not able to just buy the tube, it came with the grip as well, so I purchased the other grip as well, that way they both matched

new grips and throttle tube installed

Last edited by Guest; 08-06-2012, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Did the same mod on my GS450 (Yamaha R1 grips).

1982 Suzuki GS450TZ
        1982 Suzuki GS1100EZ

Comment

Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.

Convert your stock throttle tube into a 1/4 turn throttle for under $1

A cheap alternative to the R1 throttle tube mod no reason to buy new tubes or grips and it can be installed in about 10 minutes.

I just cut a piece of 1" schedule 40 PVC water pipe about 10mm wide and then cut a section out of the ring and it fits right around the throttle tube and is captured inside of the right hand housing. You can glue it as well but not nessesary and no worries about it falling out or glue breaking.

To be clear by adding the PVC pipe you are increasing the radius that the cable pulls on. That means you have to turn the throttle tube through a smaller angle (20% less) to pull in the same length of cable. It also makes it a little harder to turn by 20% harder.

Last edited by posplayr; 08-07-2012, 07:42 AM.

Comment

My brain just kicked in to mod krap mode today lol
            how is the pipe attached to the throttle what kind of glue gorilla super epoxy
            plumbers cement LOL
            would it be helpful in any way to add a little grove all the way around the pipe for the wire to sit on or does the wire not move or slid on the pipe much?

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
              Convert your stock throttle tube into a 1/4 turn throttle for under $1
              Thanks for the mod!

1979 GS1000

Comment

Working...
              X