Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last one for today!

Comment

That is just the finishing touch to an old style "roll your own" tourer.The kind you did before the factories made them.

Comment

Nicely done Andre! Definitely look like you just rolled it out of the shop after getting them fitted...
        1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Thanks Pete!
          I need to get those final struts finished and then do a good road test. The rear crash bars are also going back on and some LED's in the topbox connected to the brake light.
          I was so pleased with myself I surprised my wife by oiling our garden furniture!

Comment

Originally posted by Matchless View Post
            Thanks Pete!
            I need to get those final struts finished and then do a good road test. The rear crash bars are also going back on and some LED's in the topbox connected to the brake light.
            I was so pleased with myself I surprised my wife by oiling our garden furniture!
            Hahaha good stuff! Bet your wife was happy with that

Sounds like it's going to end up a real head turner (mind you it is already) and a real nice tourer...

sigpic

Comment

Andre, you're all set for A Tour Of Africa!
              GS850GT

Comment

Originally posted by psyguy View Post
                Andre, you're all set for A Tour Of Africa!
                Oh no! I have not done any security yet. You know, chains, alarms, immobilizer, brake locks, GPS tracker etc...!

Comment

Oh no! I have not done any security yet. You know, chains, alarms, immobilizer, brake locks, GPS tracker etc...!
                  ..flame throwers, mini-guns, RPGs

Comment

Originally posted by Leigh View Post
                    ...you both forgot "Star Trek" style force field!

Looking very good, Andre! I like the fact that you set them slightly lower than I think they might be stock ... keeps the center of gravity lower!

Now you just need to fab up some protective bars (like the 1100GK's have) to protect the bags if the bike ever leans over too far. wouldn't want to scuff up that beautiful paint!

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by Planecrazy View Post

Looking very good, Andre! I like the fact that you set them slightly lower than I think they might be stock ... keeps the center of gravity lower!

Now you just need to fab up some protective bars (like the 1100GK's have) to protect the bags if the bike ever leans over too far. wouldn't want to scuff up that beautiful paint!

Regards,
                      Thanks Steve. The brackets have been completed, powder coated in satin black and the luggage is back on again!
                      I took her for a ride today, but forgot to take a some pictures. I also need to put a some protection under the box over the exhaust. It does not get overly hot but did show on my hand when feeling there.

Comment

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Matchless

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Leigh

I used to have a sticker on the tail piece of Jennifer that said;

"F%*ck satellite tracking, this bike is protected by the meanest bunch of badass bikers you would ever wish to meet"

Left her outside a club in dodgy downtown one night until the wee hours of the morning with the keys in the ignition by mistake...she was still there when I left to go home, with the keys still in the ignition.

Comment

wow awesome work!
                          very interesting, thanks for sharing your knowledge on ABS and all.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                            I used to have a sticker on the tail piece of Jennifer that said;

"F%*ck satellite tracking, this bike is protected by the meanest bunch of badass bikers you would ever wish to meet"

Left her outside a club in dodgy downtown one night until the wee hours of the morning with the keys in the ignition by mistake...she was still there when I left to go home, with the keys still in the ignition.

This may be the way to go next time I do a project!
                            Ural with every extra:

Comment

Good to hear you've got the brackets done Andre, but how can we possibly believe you if there are no pic's of said finished brackets hey?

And I really could've used that Ural yesterday... bumper to bumper traffic on the freeway and no one wanted to let me exit

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                                Good to hear you've got the brackets done Andre, but how can we possibly believe you if there are no pic's of said finished brackets hey?
                                Pete, just for you!

Comment

Working...
                                X