X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you think those bulletins come to fruition

Comment

Originally posted by DohcBikes View Post
      Yep ^ thats because the problem isnt a certain type of reg rec its just the Suzuki ones that are the issue. All this 775 business has been overthought and overpromoted as a fix. Its not farmer browns atv its a multi million dollar multiline dealership that sells bikes and quads. I bought my first of several gsgs' there. Im also a kawi tech not a hobbyist. The polaris/victory regrecs go bad all the time.
      I think the main problem with your position is that the facts are all against you.

Comment

Whatever you say dad. Keep recommending overpriced parts, i have no reason to care. Have a good night.

Comment

Whatever you say dad. Keep recommending overpriced parts, i have no reason to care. Have a good night.
          Posplayr has stated his reasoning and conclusions here many times. I'm no electrical engineer, and sometimes posplayr's posts go way over my head. But the fact is that he is capable of producing cogent reasoning and compelling facts. Perhaps you could do the same in support of your position?
          1980 GS550ET

Comment

Nothing more important than to be compelling!

Comment

Fine answer - thanks. I'll be sure to take your recommendations on board.
              1980 GS550ET

Comment

Yep ^ thats because the problem isnt a certain type of reg rec its just the Suzuki ones that are the issue. All this 775 business has been overthought and overpromoted as a fix. Its not farmer browns atv its a multi million dollar multiline dealership that sells bikes and quads. I bought my first of several gsgs' there. Im also a kawi tech not a hobbyist. The polaris/victory regrecs go bad all the time.
                my grandpa's been riding Harley's since the 60s. Him and the old farts he runs with all take their bikes to an old long gray haired dude who guarantee hasn't seen one bit of tech school but knows the ins and outs of Harley Davidson and can fix this sh!t blindfolded. even the stealership techs will call him and ask questions. your not impressing me that you and your bro run a multi zillion dollar stealership service dept. the only time any of my gramps buddies hit the h-d place is to buy t-shirts

Comment

I started these polls a while back.

OK this is just to get a baseline. If you have ever had a fired stator please vote on how many miles you think you got out of it before burning it up.

These are the three polls to help get some statistics on field information about charging systems.

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/showthread.php?t=167978

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/showthread.php?t=167974

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/showthread.php?t=167939

Comment

First let me say that I wasn't trying to start trouble with my post however it has turned in that direction.
                    I can say that the 775 helped my charging issue by giving me over 14 volts. My old rr would never do that. I still think my stator is going out. It does appear to charge when it is cold. I didn't have a lot of time today but I will recheck it when fully warmed up when I get some time.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                      I started these polls a while back.
                      More proof that you are overcomplicating and overthinking this extremely simple system. And maybe obsessed.

The sh 775 goes bad at least just as often as any other reg rec and the gs issue is the suzuki regrec.

Stators don't care how much power they put out. They either can or can't keep up and they couldn't care less either way. The bulk of the power distribution and management is handled by the reg/rec.

shunt regrecs have been working since the time of cave men. except suzuki shunt regrecs.

Bye now.

Comment

Quit beating around the bush and actually answer the question - what is your proof? Lay it out for all of us to read so we can make an informed decision
                        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cyclepat650 View Post
                          my grandpa's been riding Harley's since the 60s. Him and the old farts he runs with all take their bikes to an old long gray haired dude who guarantee hasn't seen one bit of tech school but knows the ins and outs of Harley Davidson and can fix this sh!t blindfolded. even the stealership techs will call him and ask questions. your not impressing me that you and your bro run a multi zillion dollar stealership service dept. the only time any of my gramps buddies hit the h-d place is to buy t-shirts
                          Not surprised your grandpa rides one, or wears the t-shirts. They are built soft and slow for older folks.

1941 tech is not too tough to grasp. Nothing against grandpa or Gandolf the harley mekanik.

But they're LOUD... so they SOUND FAST... which is extremely COMPELLING!!
                          Last edited by Guest; 11-19-2016, 10:49 PM.

Comment

More proof that you are overcomplicating and overthinking this extremely simple system. And maybe obsessed.

The sh 775 goes bad at least just as often as any other reg rec and the gs issue is the suzuki regrec.

Stators don't care how much power they put out. They either can or can't keep up and they couldn't care less either way. The bulk of the power distribution and management is handled by the reg/rec.

shunt regrecs have been working since the time of cave men. except suzuki shunt regrecs.

Bye now.

Thanks for the sage wisdom; unfortunately you are about 30 years too early.

Comment

Bye now.
                              Sure glad they implemented the Ignore list......
                              sigpic
                              09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                              1983 GS1100e
                              82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                              1980 GS1260
                              Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Too busy working on my bike to care. Have a good day!
                                i have no reason to care. Have a good night.
                                Bye now.
                                That's at least THREE times, how many more before you actually make it happen?
                                If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Comment

Working...
                                X