To compliment my FZR600 front end...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the end this is what I ended up with:

My chain is about 2mm off...I'm having a spacer cut for it today...just have to keep my ride time tame until then.

I did have to put some shims behind the upper strut bolts, but they're long enough to be more than accommodating with my shocks. I also had to bend the push rod on my master cylinder a bit to get it to clear my swingarm, also had to shim my muffler out about 1/4". Only real frustrating thing was a brace for the brake caliper. I ended up drilling and pressing a stud through the swingarm main spar and I tweaked a dogbone from an FZR600 to fit...haven't tried it out. I'm going to go beat on the rear brake here in a bit and see how it holds/stops...I'm probably going to have to do something different, but I guess we'll see.

stupid "10 pics per post" limit...bleh...

Comment

Great looking project, keep going - you're creating a very cool machine!

Comment

That looks awesome! I'm gonna have to do this someday. Where did you get those brake lights? Way better than an "L" model's brick.

BTW, nice FC.

Comment

Thanks about the FC lol...four different shades of red, the dash has all the foam peeled off, and the thermal pellet gasket leaks like a sieve...outside of that she's golden lol.

The tail lights are actually generic trailer lights from Wal-Mart...$4/ea.

Comment

I love the older Japanese sports cars. Between 1985-1997

Yeah, I saw a whole lot of lights at Wal-Mart and O'Reilly Auto Parts. And they were cheap... I hate my chrome rear fender and that brick of a tail light. I think this may be my solution...

And I assume that those tail lights double as turn signals?

Comment

If you get a stop/turn integrator you can do it, but at night the lights kind of blend at a distance. They're just stop/running for me...my left arm is my turn signal.

Comment

I see. I'll pick up some lights later. Oops! I totally hijacked your thread. Sorry about that. Love the new wheels and the fat rubber!

Comment

Working...
                X