Need a "pin out" for a FH009AA R/R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a "pin out" for a FH009AA R/R

Got this from my friend Aaron74.He got it off eBay.Just want to make sure I hook it up right in my 85 750 EF.

Which "pins" are the sense,ground,positive and stator connectors?
    Thanks in advance.

1, 2, 3 are stator wires.

4 is Positive

5 is Sense

6 is Negative (ground, earth, etc.)

By the way, I have one of those on my wife's bike, I could not tell any difference whether the Sense wire was connected or not.

You can get the official connectors for that R/R at Eastern Beaver.

Last edited by Steve; 05-01-2011, 09:43 PM.
    sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

4 is Positive

5 is Sense

By the way, I have one of those on my wife's bike, I could not tell any difference whether the Sense wire was connected or not.

Then I would conclude it is not a sense wire.

I have heard of some R/Rs having two positive output wires.

http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
      Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

4 is Positive

5 is Sense

It looks like the EB kit doesn't make use of the sense wire either. It just shows a red and a black wire coming out of that plug.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
          Then I would conclude it is not a sense wire.

I have heard of some R/Rs having two positive output wires.

I have seen the schematic for that R/R, it's labeled "Sense Wire".

I have checked it with my meter, it shows no voltage, so it's not an output.

I have connected it to both battery terminals while watching the voltage output, there was NO change with either connection, so I left it floating.

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
          It looks like the EB kit doesn't make use of the sense wire either. It just shows a red and a black wire coming out of that plug.
          True enough, but I contacted Jim and had him make a harness for me with the third wire.

After doing the testing that I mentioned above, I concluded that it is not necessary to have that third wire and sent Jim a message to that effect.

The harnes was developed for the FH010 and FH012 regulators, which don't have that sixth wire.

I found the FH009 at a much better price, so I did some investigating. It is commonly found on Honda quads, like the Foreman and Rubicon. The current capacity is 25 or 30 amps, so is plenty for our bikes.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

True enough, but I contacted Jim and had him make a harness for me with the third wire.

After doing the testing that I mentioned above, I concluded that it is not necessary to have that third wire and sent Jim a message to that effect.

The harnes was developed for the FH010 and FH012 regulators, which don't have that sixth wire.

I found the FH009 at a much better price, so I did some investigating. It is commonly found on Honda quads, like the Foreman and Rubicon. The current capacity is 25 or 30 amps, so is plenty for our bikes.

I'm using the FH012 myself. I saw on the Shindengen site that the SH775 is a series type r/r rated at 35 amps. I think I'll start hunting one down.

Comment

Thanks for the information guys.Did a test fit,it's really a tight fit in the place the old RR goes.The ignitor connections hang in front of the RR ports so there is no way I'm going to get those EB connectors in there.Just have to silicone them in.Knew the GSR brain trust would come though for me.BTW this was off a quad,Aaron didn't tell me which one though.

Comment

Here it is wired up

Cut the OEM spades out of the stock RR connector.Broke the ground so I had to replace that one.

Here's what I mean about those connectors not fitting Steve.Billy probably already knew this.Its a very substantial unit compared to the OEM one.Again thanks for the help.

Comment

I relocated mine to the front of the battery box since I'm running pods and had room there. I also strapped a CPU fan to mine to get extra air to it when putting around town.
                  Last edited by Guest; 05-03-2011, 05:36 PM.

Comment

OK but I'm running the air box.May have room behind the battery if I remove that to handy tray.Doubt there's much airflow there so Id have to get a fan to.It fits where it is if just barely.

Comment

This is just the peace of mind I was hoping it would be.Would always be worried the stocker would go poof on me.Thanks Aaron

Comment

Working...
                      X