No announcement yet.

Master Cylinder Ratio Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adam, I'm bringing the 1000 to BC this year. Remind me to let you ride it. You have to try the brakes out.

Comment

Ado

I don't have any experience with the sintered Ferodo. If Michael Moore says they're soft and sticky...I'd worry less about it.
      Michael Suggested them.8-[ At first I was concerned about rotor wear, but he explained that they were much less aggressive that other brands and comparable to other brands organics in terms of rotor wear. He also said there is a very aggressive initial bite. So I figures, I'm not really looking for a lot more lever travel, but if the bite comes up fast on the sintered pads, then that with the 14mm MC might be a nice combination for 1-2 finger breaking.

As I mentioned he went from a little preoccupied to surprisingly excited that I was going to see a big upgrade with the combo. :-D

Posplayr

Comment

Originally posted by 8trackmind View Post
        Adam, I'm bringing the 1000 to BC this year. Remind me to let you ride it. You have to try the brakes out.
        I'm most likely bringing the CB500F, but I'm not 100% sure yet. I'd like your opinion on it's brake setup.

Jim - I like your plan. You'll be super happy with the newer, and more importantly appropriately sized master cylinder. I rode my CB to work this morning and I love squeezing the front brake lever now.

~Adam

Comment

gday guys, on my 1100et, im using the usual ss lines, standard calipers,gs1000 master cylinder, but the discs are from the1150e, as they bolt on to the 19 inch mags, and there is no spacing of the calipers involved, and this settup gives good brakes, and plenty of feel, regards.

Comment

mac1170

Hi
            Great info; was wondering if those GS1150 rotors are any larger diameter than the GS1100 and why they would provide more breaking power(if not larger). Also assuming you did both front and rear rotors?

You mentioned GS1000 Master Cyclinder; is that the 14 mm version?

TIA

Posplayr

Comment

gday mate, same diameter, but they are floating, which helps when they get hot, i also used the rear caliper of the 1150e, but you have to turn up a couple of shims, to space that properly,on the carrier, regards, ps. will try to get some shots downloaded soon.

Comment

Working...
              X