20.00 in my paypal for anyone that can draw me up a basic wiring diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20.00 in my paypal for anyone that can draw me up a basic wiring diagram

i have 20.00 for someone that can draw up a BASIC wiring diagram for my 1980 gs550, and by basic i mean... ONLY ignition switch, starter button, and only components that make the bike run,and charge... no lights, or anything else.

I'll PM you my Paypal address

1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

If you want to commision one I can do it. Let me know

Comment

Print the factory wiring diagram and use a highlighter to mark the circuits you want. Simple.
        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
          If you want to commision one I can do it. Let me know
          what do you mean exactly?

Comment

He means he'll do it.
            All jokes aside.
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbed750 View Post
              what do you mean exactly?
              Send me $20 I I'll draw you a schematic in Powerpoint to do what you asked for. My paypal is same as email in my profile. I can convert to PDF so you can read it.

Comment

Money to mouth. HMMMMM... survey says

Comment

u have a email

Comment

u have a email
                    It went into my Junk mail; I emailed back

Comment

i have 20.00 for someone that can draw up a BASIC wiring diagram for my 1980 gs550, and by basic i mean... ONLY ignition switch, starter button, and only components that make the bike run,and charge... no lights, or anything else.
                      Why don't you go the whole hog and get rid of the starter button while you are about it.

To heck with it, get rid of the starter motor as well.

All you will need is a '77 to '79 550 motor with a kick start.

Comment

Seriously....??? $20???

If you had just asked, someone would have given you the info for free...

A quick google image search on "simple motorcycle wiring diagram" turns up hundreds of examples...

Here's one:

Just add a second coil and put your 3 wire stator were the alternator is and it's all good.
                        If you really don't want any lights or a horn, just take those parts out...

Since when do people pay for information on this forum??
                        Last edited by Baatfam; 01-24-2010, 08:30 AM.
                        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                          Seriously....??? $20???

A quick google image search on "simple motorcycle wiring diagram" turns up hundreds of examples...

Just add a second coil and put your 3 wire stator were the alternator is and it's all good.

There have been several posts this last year where some bobber/cafe guy is requesting a simplified wiring diagram. Seems that some people (no disrespect to the OP) are all gung ho about attacking their bike with a hacksaw and MIG but they get cold chills about chasing wires in the harness. Posting up a generic wiring diagram is one thing, but what these people want is something Suzuki/model specific so they don't need to do the tedious work.

I still say take the stock wiring diagram and use a highlighter to mark the wires you want to keep. Or maybe take the diagram and a black marker and block out all the stuff you don't want. It wouldn't be that hard to do, just trace backwards getting rid of things like the turn signal wiring and the wiring feeding the cluster. Remove all the tape from the harness and get busy.
                          Last edited by Nessism; 01-24-2010, 10:53 AM.
                          Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                            I still say take the stock wiring diagram and use a highlighter to mark the wires you want to keep. Or maybe take the diagram and a black marker and block out all the stuff you don't want. It wouldn't be that hard to do, just trace backwards getting rid of things like the turn signal wiring and the wiring feeding the cluster. Remove all the tape from the harness and get busy.
                            Agreed...that's what I would do...

When I re-wired my drag bike I just bought a generic 8 wire harness, laid it down the center of the frame and started cutting as needed.
                            Add the connectors and bingo, done.

If everything you want to connect is already on the bike, you just have to add the wires that go betwixt them....easy peasy...
                            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                              Seriously....??? $20???

Here's one:

Come on here; that is a Harley Schematic .

Apparently he needs more than the help being provided.

Anybody else offering to draw him up a schematic?

Comment

Working...
                              X