Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TDCC engine emblems- replications available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TDCC engine emblems- replications available?

I really like the look of the original, BLACK, TDCC covers on my '83 650G. Unfortunately, BikeBandit and the like only have the generic SUZUKI covers (of which I have a set to go on). I still have one that was ground down in a spill.

Does anyone know of a place that can replicate the original crankcase covers as seen here on GSJim's machine?

Are you doing a restoration project of some kind on a GS? Let everyone see what you are doing by posting the details here.
    '83 GS650G
    '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

I ordered these from Babbitts Online a year ago:

These are for an '82 GS1100EZ, I don't know if there is any reason they wouldn't fit your's, I can measure them if you need me to.

This link should take you straight to the website and page:

And they're only like fourteen dollars each! And OEM too!
    [IMG]http://www.visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILIAKSKYLAMEMAMSMONENVNHNJNMNYOKORPARISCSDTNTXUTWAWIsm.jpg[/IMG][B][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4c5165][B][COLOR=#cc0000][FONT=Georgia]

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759 [/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Comment

Originally posted by wacky941 View Post
      And they're only like fourteen dollars each! And OEM too!
      I am so glad you shared that before I bought the ebay ones!
      THANK YOU!

Tank

Comment

They're still available at Boulevard Suzuki, fairly cheap.
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
        Steve
        "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:
        [B]_________________[/B]
        [I]'79 GS1000EN[/I]
        [I]'82 GS1100EZ[/I]

Comment

Yep just bought a set for my 1100

Comment

Originally posted by sedelen View Post
            They're still available at Boulevard Suzuki, fairly cheap.
            I think that's (Boulevard) where I ordered mine from...and I did not get the "TDCC" ones. I'll have to check my order list.

Thanks for the links, guys. Note the difference between TSCC (4 valve) and TDCC (2 valve per cylinder).

Maybe I'll give Boulevard another shot to see if they can tell me exactly what I'd be getting.
            '83 GS650G

Comment

TSCC applies to all the 4 valve engines, stands for Twin Swirl Combustion Chamber.
              There is no TDCC, I think that is a typo. S and D sit right next to each other on the keyboard.

Comment

TSCC vs TDCC

TDCC stands for Twin Dome Combustion Chamber.

The design may have shown up only as early as 1977 internationally , registered as a US trademark in 1982, and used on at least the GS650GD. The design stuck around quite a while on the 2 valve/cylinder engines. This is obviously Internet knowledge, but the physical evidence supports this idea. I have yet to see an earlier version of the 650 with that emblem, but because it is the correct one for that model year (at least in Canada), I may need it if I pursue a collector plate.

If you look carefully at the photos of GSJim's bike in the OP, you'll see it is indeed a "D". I'll get some more recent photos up later when I can get to a card reader that accepts my Nikon files. For now, here is a picture of the ignition side cover off my 650 as it was when I brought it home:

'83 GS650G

Comment

Thanks D, I stand corrected.
                  Another international anomaly, we never got those, this side of the pond.
                  Now I know there is a story behind the road rash......

Comment

Boulevard Suzuki still shows them available under "revised" part numbers.
                    Which means you just won't know until you get them if they're what you
                    want. Items 14 & 11.
                    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                    Steve
                    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:
                    [B]_________________[/B]
                    [I]'79 GS1000EN[/I]
                    [I]'82 GS1100EZ[/I]

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                      Thanks D, I stand corrected.
                      Another international anomaly, we never got those, this side of the pond.
                      Now I know there is a story behind the road rash......
                      I wish I had a good story about that roadrash, but it happened before me. I think the POs girlfriend dumped the bike learning to ride.

But look what I found yesterday:

It's in pretty good shape, apart from the crack in the back of the cover. I just wanted the emblem anyhow as the revised part # from Boulevard is the generic Suzuki logo.
                      '83 GS650G

Comment

Working...
                      X