Brake caliper paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake caliper paint?

Any tips on paint to use? I've bead blasted the calipers and mounts, would like a low sheen black but the paints I've seen are all gloss. Also not too sure how tough rattle can paint will be on these bits.

Tom

Maybe a high temp header paint, engine enamal, barbique grill paint. See what colors are available Epoxie type paint will probably be the most durable

Comment

Caswell has brake caliper paint. Look under their VHT products.

Allan

Comment

I used regular Rustoleum black paint from an aerosol can. It looked great initially, but a little bit of brake fluid caused peeling.

Comment

Re: Brake caliper paint?

There are no single part (rattle can) paints that brake fluid will not remove instantly. You need to go to an automotive paint store and get a multi component catalyzed automotive acrylic or urethane lacquer. All of these type paints have a "flattening agent" available so you can adjust the degree of gloss you want. The cheapest paint of this type is the Omni MTV line.
          A pint of base color, flattening agent, catalyst and reducer will cost around
          $100

Earl

Originally posted by gpzkat
          Any tips on paint to use? I've bead blasted the calipers and mounts, would like a low sheen black but the paints I've seen are all gloss. Also not too sure how tough rattle can paint will be on these bits.

Tom
          Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Working...
          X