No announcement yet.

Bike Bandit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Bikebandit. I was a little skeptical until ordering some parts for the Kat. They've got an amazingly smooth ordering system.

I wouldn't mind trying Crochrocket too, but their website makes very little sense. How do you get to the oem part listings?

Comment

That's what was stumping me too...the OEM section is in the "fiche" section. There's a banner on the "main" part of the page (not the sidebar) that says "Genuine Yamaha & Suzuki Parts Fiche". It's right below the pic of the two bikes...

Comment

Let me see if I can explain the JT web site. If you go to the menu on the right side of the page and place your mouse over the "Dealer Services" button a drop down menu appears at the top is "Parts Finder" clicking on this will bring up the "Parts Finder" page. Down towards the bottom of the page is the option to "Search By Parts Diagram (Fiche)" put in Motorcycles in the "Catagory" field then select Suzuki in the "Manufacturer" field and select the year of your bike in the "Model Year" field and then select the model in the "Select Model" field and click on the go button. That will take you to the fiche's for the bike. Now some of the guys have said that they are slow about shipping, but you can't beat their prices, so I don't mind a little extra wait.

Comment

Yup, I got to say bike bandit has been good to deal with for me, my local suzi dealer is about 30 miles away from me and the parts guys are all dorks, if your not getting parts for a gsxr, they don't seem like they really can be bothered. the last time I got parts from them the guy special ordered me parts for a GL 1100 instead of a 1100 GL, then gave me a bunch of crap when I tried to return them

Comment

Only thing is the price of the tires. Everything else is A Number #1!!

Comment

Bike Bandit are Great to deal with

Comment

I was so impressed... I just bought a Vance and Hines Megaphone 4 into 1 for my 77 GS750 from BikeBandit. Ordered tuesday, shipped wednesday, arrived saturday MORNING. How's that for fast?

Comment

Me too I ordered some instrument glass for my '84 GS750EF and my initial email back was quite disapointing, somewhere along the lines like "no one has it or knows if it will ever get in" Then low and behold 5 days later it's shipped!!! Wow! They must have cut some glass and got some plastics and made one from scratch or something :-)! I'll definatly order there again. They also ship to Canada.

Comment

Bike bandit has been very good to me as well. Everything I have ordered from them usually arrives within a few days.

Crotchrocket on the other had will probably not see anymore of my business unless I order from them a couple months in advance of when I will actually need it. On top of the fact that their web site sucks and they have no toll free number, my last order took 2 or 3 toll calls and 2 1/2 weeks before I saw any of the order and three more phone calls and over a months wait until everything arrived. In the meantime, they charged my credit card the day ofter the order. The last call the guy was arguing with me that they shipped a set of handlebars in the 6 inch square box that arrived. I don't think so. He kept telling me to wait a few more days, I kept telling him I didn't think it was shipped, because the box said "1 of 1" on it, I had the one and I had already waited another week for another box before calling them. When he finally went to look, I guess he found them in back because he came back and said they it will go out "today", and I received it a few days later.

They are cheaper, but my summer doesn't last that long to be waiting a month for parts while getting the run around. Luckily I got an early start this year.

Comment

JT Motorsports has some of the best prices I've found. However, they also have the worst service, slowest service and generally worst customer service
                      handling I have ever seen. I will only order from them again if there is no where else on earth what I need is available.

Earl

Originally posted by dgeorge
                      Let me see if I can explain the JT web site. Now some of the guys have said that they are slow about shipping, but you can't beat their prices, so I don't mind a little extra wait.
                      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

I'd dealt with JT and Alpha before, and due to the high regard here for BB, I decided to spend the extra $$ and I placed an order with them in early March.

Eighteen days went by, and after checking the site to see the status (it eventually said everything was "on order", I used the instant messaging function to find out where my order was. It hadn't shipped yet, due to one item still not in. The fellow on the other end apologized, and overnighted my stuff to me. I received it at 10:00 via UPS Red the next day, no extra freight charges added.

Overall, I'd give them a B+ based upon my one order. They did kind of drop the ball on getting my stuff out to me, but once I had brought it to their attention, they did everything they could to correct it.
                        sigpic

SUZUKI:
                        1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
                        HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
                        KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
                        YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Well as expected in short of a week my order is here. Just came tonight.
                          New tach cable, new oil pan gasket, new oil plug and washer, new oil cap o-ring, new dowl pin for the front sprocket cover, new oil filter, new oil filter spring, new key blank, new case cover emblems for both sides.

Couldn't be happier. Thanks again Bike Bandit

Comment

wished i'd seen this thread before i sent an order to'c.r.' this is my first dealings with them so i'll wait and see how they perform. anything coming to canada from the states takes an age anyway !...b.b.

Comment

Just got in my new carb clamps and boots from Ron Ayres. Ordered exactly a week ago. Better prices and delivery times than Bike Bandit. I love Bike Bandit, but Ron Ayres just took the lead for me in the race to best parts distributor.
                              Currently bikeless
                              '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                              '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro
                                Just got in my new carb clamps and boots from Ron Ayres. Ordered exactly a week ago. Better prices and delivery times than Bike Bandit. I love Bike Bandit, but Ron Ayres just took the lead for me in the race to best parts distributor.
                                I've never ordered from them because I don't see any vintage bike parts on their web site? Looks like they don't sell the stuff? How do you find it? Must you call them?

Comment

Working...
                                X