No announcement yet.

Dennis Kirk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dennis Kirk is a front for Parts Unlimited.

In the motorcycle industry, Dennis Kirk is a bad name - not because of their service, but their pricing is unfair to dealers. On the one side Parts Unlimited is providing the parts for Dennis Kirk to deep discount, and on the other side, sells parts to dealers at a price too high for them to compete effectively with Dennis Kirk.

Dealers who buy from Parts Unlimited (and we are not one of them) are really subsidising the deep discounts on Dennis Kirk products. I am surprised there haven't been any law suites filed against Parts Unlimited for their anti-competitive actions.

Many of the manufacturers set 'firm' retail prices. The force companies like ourselves to sign agreements to adhere to specific pricing rules. Then these same manufacturers do nothing with Dennis Kirk sells the products dirt cheap. Vance & Hines is a great example. We had to sign an agreement to sell V&H prices at a fixed retail price. When we complained about Dennis Kirk, V&H ignored our complaints - all because Parts Unlimited is the 800lb gorilla in the industry.

Comment

I, too, have purchased bike stuff from D. Kirk for well over 25 years. My only problem occurred last week. I put together an order on-line and submitted it. 20 minutes later I discovered I forgot to order chain lube and fork oil....so I immediately called the 800 number and gave the operator my order number (remember, this is only 20 minutes after I hit the "enter" key) and asked her if I could please add these other items. The operator said that the order had already been put into the system and could not be modified....HUH????? She said I could order the products but I would have to pay freight on them as this would be a whole new order. Do you think I should have nicely asked for her supervisor...I mean....20 minutes later??????

Comment

Back in the late '60s,early 70's DK was a real guy and the business was family run. I'd go rock climbing at Talors Falls and stop in Rush City to check out the bargin bin and the back lot salvage yard for bits and pieces on my way home. Still have and use a Cagiva impact driver that I bought for $5.

Comment

I didn't see this mentioned so I thought I would. I bought some stuff from DK through a brick and mortar place that is an authorized dealer for them. It didn't take long for me to get my parts and I didn't ave to pay any shipping. Thought you guys might like to now that.

Comment

Working...
          X