Rifle Sport Fairing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rifle Sport Fairing

The first thing I did after I purchased my GS1100E was to install a Rifle Sport Fairing. The main purpose for this bike is highway and long trip use, and I wanted some protection from wind and weather. This is my evaluation of this product.
    Fit and finish are very good.
    It can be purchased in primer, black, or color coded for your bike. At the time I purchased mine, color coding was not available. I purchased mine in primer and took it to a professional painter. It probably matches better, since he had my body parts to match the paint.
    It can be matched to your headlight shape; my bike has the very large round headlight.
    Quite a bit of assembly is required. You get a box of parts and are expected to put it all together and install.
    Mounting on the bike is a handful for one person, but can be done.
    If you need to get into your headlight shell, you have to remove the fairing.
    Mine had a faulty wire in the right turn signal. I had to run my own wires to fix it, since I did not want to return it for such a minor issue.
    It vibrates slightly at speed (80+ mph).
    It offers several windshield heights, a bonus to a tall person such as myself.
    It does a good job of protecting the rider from wind and weather.
    At $400, it is pretty expensive.
    The 2 tiny storage pockets are not real useful, IMO.
    Final opinion: A quality, though expensive, product.

How about a picture of the finished product?
    Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

Excellent idea. I plan on taking some pics next week at the Brown County ride and submitting some for the bike of the month contest. I'll put one or more in this thread as well.

Comment

A picture taken at the Brown County Rally. Due to stopping to help a fellow rider, I was unable to take any photos at the bridge. Hope this is acceptable.

Comment

Looks great!!!!!!!!!!!
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Here's a pic of my 1977 GS750 with a rifle "Nightflight" faring, I like the looks and the protection from the cold and light rain. This faring was already on this bike when I purchased it so I couldn't tell you about installing it.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

Originally posted by bzue207x View Post
              Here's a pic of my 1977 GS750 with a rifle "Nightflight" faring, I like the looks and the protection from the cold and light rain. This faring was already on this bike when I purchased it so I couldn't tell you about installing it.

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...ent=gs7502.jpg
              my gs 1000 has a big round headlight,does you bike also? is the front headlight chrome bucket visible from behind, or does it have to be removed to mount the fairing.
              future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

I guess it depends on how large your headlight is. Mine is 8", and it will not fit. If yours is 7", it will fit.

Comment

Originally posted by bzue207x View Post

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...ent=gs7502.jpg

Wow, thanx for that pic. I had been considering the Rifle Superbike fairing for my GS1000 until I saw the pic of the Nightflight on your 750. Now I know, that's the one for me. :-D

Comment

Rifle Superbike fairing

I've had a Rifle Superbike on my 750 for about 6 years now, and like the extra coverage it gives without being TOO wide. I also get a slight oscillation above 90 mph or so. I'm trying to figure out some kind of small frame-mount fairing for mine.
                    1979 GS 1000

Comment

"Nightflight" faring

I just purchased the "Nightflight" faring for my "82" GS1100E, I will post a photo after I get it on. I liked the sporty look. I hope it provides some good protection.

Zuzu

Comment

GS1150 fairing

I will tell you what worked on my 83 GS 1100 E , it will also work on the 82 1100E as well. I installed a 1984 GS 1150ES model fairing and it worked wonderfully. I had K&N superbike bars and that was never a problem. Also the 82 and 83 1100E have the tabs in place already on the frame so the 1150ES mounting brackets fit without any modifications.
                        This is a great upgrade to anyone interested

Comment

Working...
                        X