VOTO Motorcycle Pants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VOTO Motorcycle Pants

I just got these pants on steal bay. For the price ($90 including s&h) they appear to be great riding pants. Be forewarned, order at least one size larger! They come with a zip-out liner, claim to be wind-proof and waterproof (trust me, I'll put THAT to the test shortly!). The CE protectors seem a little cheesy, but I will eventually upgrade.
    These pants are for cooler weather. Eventually, I'll get a mesh pair, but I'll try them when the temperature goes below 90*.
    The zipper (to attach to a jacket) almost matches up with my Fieldsheer. I can't get it to zip all the way, but about 80% of the way. Didnt want to force it too much.

Don't bother with the Voto mesh pants -- I ordered a pair about a month ago, and to my extreme puzzlement, the mesh pants have a waterproof lining that cannot be removed.

Now WHY would you make pants like that? Why??? See, the whole point of mesh is that air can go through the mesh...

The pants did seem to be very well made and nicely styled, with decent armor and high-quality materials. And they accepted the pants back and refunded my money without a fuss, although I was out the (slightly excessive, IMHO) shipping charges both ways.

I was also disappointed to find that the knee armor could not be repositioned. I specifically emailed to ask if the knee armor could be moved, and they told me that it could. This was incorrect. (I must be some kind of short-thighed freak -- I have to move the knee armor up in nearly every pair of riding pants I try.)

I will also echo the finding that you may want to order a size larger, especially if you don't have chicken legs.

The mesh pants also came with a zip-out insulated liner. As soon as VotoMoto comes up with a removable waterproof layer, the mesh pants will be a solid buy. Until then, they're simply not acceptable or usable. They also need to make it possible to reposition the knee armor and revise their sizing charts a bit.

I ended up ordering a pair of FirstGear mesh pants from http://newenough.com , which fit and functioned perfectly from the start.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

I hear ya about the mesh pair. One buyer stated the same thing as you, and said he cut out the liner.
      I bought mine, and boy, I have to tell you...they are HOT!!! Can't wear them unless it's below 85*, and the vents dont do a thing. Even without the liner. I wear a pair of scrubs underneath, because sweating in them....yeccccch! I bought them for the purpose of cooler weather; haven't even used the liner yet! May even use them for skiing!
      I also agree about the knee pads. Mine have slipped out. One velcro piece holding them in, eh. I am going to stitch them in. No biggie.
      The waterproofing is great! Hence, the SWEATING!:-D
      I'm going to wait until the warm weather is over and try to pick up a pair of cheap mesh pants. Or, just wear catchers armour!!

Comment

Working...
      X