Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V-Pilot Style Leather Touring Pants

Hi,
    Here is my review of some great leather touring pants I bought on Ebay.

I am a newbie motorcyclist and one of the negotiated terms of purchase with my wife was full leather. She bought the jacket and gave me money to buy the pants for my birthday. :-D Anyhow, after much shopping I settled on V-Pilot Style Touring Pants. After a few hundred miles in them I thought I'd share my impressions.

The pants are available from Leather Paradise on ebay. http://stores.ebay.com/Leather-Parad...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Good Points:
    -unique styling (matches my euro-style jacket nicely)
    -high quality leather and outstanding fit and finish--better than Unik or Himalaya Motorcycle Apparel.
    -comfortable even during hot and humid weather. I've had a couple rides in high temps and humidity and they were fine as long as I was moving.
    -the amount of pictures and info available for the product.

Bad Points
    -unique styling isn't for everyone, not really meant for a day of shopping
    -not many length options. I wish mine were the maximum available length (34 inches) rather than the 32 inches that they said I'd wear. They look OK when I am standing but when I am on my bike, they go above my boots.
    -there is padding in the knees but it is there for comfort when you are riding. It feels funny when you are standing and wouldn't offer much protection in an accident.
    -the store's method of selling and website. I hate the phoney auction/buy it now choice. And the name "Leather Paradise" just sounds cheezy.
    -the snug fit takes some getting used to. I am about 6 ft / 180 lbs and average build. If you have really big legs these probably wouldn't be very comfortable due to the snug fit.

I hope this info is helpful!

Thanks for the info...

I bought my mesh riding pants off of ebay as well. no complaints other than there seems to be some flaking off of the reflective piping along the seams. I've the same problem you mentioned, I got the biggest size possible, length is good when standing but on the bike the bottoms of the legs creep up to the top of my boots.

I suspect the problem is the high numbers of cruisers out there with forward placed pegs. Some of them almost present a near straight leg posture, same as standing up. The more upright posture of our GSes puts a 90 degree bend in the knee which pulls up the end of the pant legs. Not sure what the crotchrocket crowd do...oh wait, they just wear shorts....problem solved!

:-D

Comment

got those too

Nice thick leather, good stiching on the seams.

Comment

Working...
      X