Flat Out Motorcycles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flat Out Motorcycles

Be aware that when you order from these folks that you will wait a VERY long time for shipment (sometimes better than two weeks) and then after that you will need to be home to sign for the shipment when it finally does ship.
    They require a live signature for everything they ship. No matter how much or little your spending.

I have to agree with Red Rocket. I ordered on the 14th and finally got a shipping confirmation from them today, the 26th. It's supposed to be here in a couple days. I won't be home so I won't get it until Monday if I have to sign.

Their prices are better than local but is it worth the wait?

Comment

I used to use them a lot. Waited a month or more one time. For the last batch of parts I went to the local dealer. Flat out was about $100 without shipping and dealer was about $125 with tax. It was worth the $25 I had the parts in a few days. I will not likely order from flat out again.

Comment

Same experience here. Waited 6 weeks for my parts. I think one item was backordered and they did not notify me, they just didn't ship the entire order. After my proding they finally sent the parts. Contrast that with Bike Bandit that gets most orders in the mail in a few days. Flat Out is cheaper, but the service is poor.
        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
          Same experience here. Waited 6 weeks for my parts. I think one item was backordered and they did not notify me, they just didn't ship the entire order. After my proding they finally sent the parts. Contrast that with Bike Bandit that gets most orders in the mail in a few days. Flat Out is cheaper, but the service is poor.
          Yea after an email or two stuff will usually show up at your door and there is no response to the emails. And after you get the stuff you get the automated shipping notification that your stuff has shipped lol.

Comment

I will add my 2 cents.

My recent order took about 6-7 weeks for some OEM parts. I fully understand that it takes some time to get OEM parts, but there was no communication on their part. My order always showed up in their online system as "being reviewed" or some such wording. I emailed after about 5 weeks and the reply to my specific questions was the standard "your parts have shipped". For reference, when I order from Bike Bandit, I normally have my OEM parts within two weeks, maybe three.

When I recieved my order there was a note stating that there was part that was not shipped and would have to be reordered. I recieved it 3 days later.

The packaging was subpar as well. The box was about twice as big as it needed to be and had virtually no stuffing at all, just a small sheet of bubble wrap laying on top. The box was made from a larger box that had been cut down and was poorly taped up, I was surprised nothing escaped from it. The box of course got crushed and if there had been anything breakable it would have been.

All in all, not impressed. The prices are some of the best, but the lack of communication, long delay in shipping parts, and poor packaging will make this my first and last order from them.

Comment

You guys are correct in that FlatOut takes a bit longer on delivery. But their prices are consistantly 15-20% less than BikeBandit (even with BB's AMA discount), and 30% less than my local Suzi dealer. All this has been reported on this forum before. Yeah, if you want your part fast, use another source.

But one thing you guys are missing on is that Chris at Flatout is a member of this forum. He does this so customers can communicate directly. You should send him a PM or e-mail with your challenge. Chris has always helped me out. I appreciate that kind of customer support.

You can find him on this forum as chris@flatout.

Comment

Yep, slow & cheap.. I can always live with cheap, but I'd sure like to at least have an email update or something to let me know they've actually ordered the part and when I could expect to see it arrive.

Comment

I understand the reasoning behind the slowness. They have to order the part from the factory and then they ship it to you. I can put up with this because they are so cheap, and Ive never had to be at my house to receive a shipment.

Comment

Working...
                  X