Ebay failed forks fracas: ecycleshop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay failed forks fracas: ecycleshop

Just a warning: I bought a set of forks advertised as with "good rebound" and functioning. They arrived, had no fluid in them and needed to be rebuilt. This was confirmed by a factory trained mechanic locally. Paypal investigated and found in my favor and the money returned. I still had to pay for return shipping , but at least I got most of the money back. I don't think this seller knows much about the parts he's selling, and is definitely not into customer service. Be cautious if you buy from him.

Originally posted by jlvdo View Post
    Just a warning: I bought a set of forks advertised as with "good rebound" and functioning. They arrived, had no fluid in them and needed to be rebuilt. This was confirmed by a factory trained mechanic locally. Paypal investigated and found in my favor and the money returned. I still had to pay for return shipping , but at least I got most of the money back. I don't think this seller knows much about the parts he's selling, and is definitely not into customer service. Be cautious if you buy from him.

Just like buying anything sight unseen....it's " buyer beware " they can say anything just to get rid of the item. Always ask a LOT of questions before buying/bidding....most of the time people will tell on themselves, then you steer away from those types. Been E-baying since I think 98 or so, and only been dissapointed once, but that was MY fault for not reading the description better, and ASKING questions!!! Lesson learned!!

Comment

Originally posted by 97Intruder View Post
      Just like buying anything sight unseen....it's " buyer beware " they can say anything just to get rid of the item. Always ask a LOT of questions before buying/bidding....most of the time people will tell on themselves, then you steer away from those types. Been E-baying since I think 98 or so, and only been dissapointed once, but that was MY fault for not reading the description better, and ASKING questions!!! Lesson learned!!
      Sometimes, the description is wrong and misleading. But still, very good advice--caveat emptor!

Comment

Working...
      X