Arborwear Tree Climber pants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arborwear Tree Climber pants

I have heard of Arborwear Climber Pants and got a pair for Christmas. I wanted to try them for riding pants since they have several features that seem to make them good for casual riding. Aerostich sells them with some questionable knee pads but they're pretty pricey. They are in no way replacements for specifically made motorcycle riding pants but they are a step up from regular denim.

First, they are made of 12.5 ounce canvas material. They use industrial stitching and have an extra layer of canvas added to the front of the legs from about mid-thigh to mid-calf. They also have a gusset sewn into the crotch area. There are other companies that advertise the comfort of their pants that have gusset crotches, Diamond Gusset is one. I've never worn gusseted pants before yesterday but I can say I am very impressed with the comfort of this design. While this is obviously more of a concern for guys, the gusset makes for a much more comfortable home for 'the boys'. This is especially evident when sitting. The gusset design also seems to allow a snugger-looking fit than 'loose' or 'comfort' fit styles of other jeans while still allowing a very comfortable fit. The canvas material definitely feels more substantial than denim, especially where there are two layers of fabric. While I didn't ride a bike since it is cold and snowy here in Chicago, I think these will be very comfortable for riding.

The pair I have is Diesel, which is a medium blue. They look pretty much like Dockers type casual pants. I wore them to work where we have a business casual dress code and fit right in. They also make denim and nylon pants.

These pants sell for around $55 from Arborwear but there are a lot of deals online if you search around a bit. Aerostich's version go for $87. I think my Mom found the pair she got me for under $30.

While these pants are no replacement for purpose-made riding pants I think they are a step up from denim in protection, fit, and comfort. Since I also have Bohn Bodyguard Armored pants to wear underneath I can be well protected, comfortable, and somewhat fashionable all at once.

Thanks,
    Joe
    IBA# 24077
    '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
    '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
    '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Seems like they are a bit similar to those Joe Rocket Jeans I wore in Yosemite.... those have knee & hip armour but the material etc sound similar.
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Joe, what kind of pockets do they have...jeans style or the kind with the opening vertical along the pants seam?
      Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post
        Joe, what kind of pockets do they have...jeans style or the kind with the opening vertical along the pants seam?
        Don,

They're jeans style pockets. They also have a small pocket on the right thigh that is meant for a chain saw key but is perfect for a cell phone.

Thanks,
        Joe
        IBA# 24077
        '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
        '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
        '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Working...
        X