ignitor test from Suzuki clymer manuel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ignitor test from Suzuki clymer manuel

I did the ignitor test on my 82 GS650 GL according to Clymer manuel.
    Taking a 1 1/2 volt battery,connecting + side of battery to blue wire and then connect -- side of battery to green wire on the ignitor side with numbers 3 and 4 cylinder spark plugs grounded to the head with ignition on! Number 4 spark plug should spark when the blue and green wires connected to the battery. When wires disconnected from battery number 3 should spark. I did this test at least 4 times double checking connections. Test failed every time for the ignitor. According to Clymer manuel,the ignitor is bad and must be replaced.
    I ordered a ignitor for my bike,and replaced my old one. Same symptoms with no difference. No returns on electronics. $$$$
    I cleaned all terminals, cleaned,etched and creamed the gas tank, checked for 12 volts at +side on coils,checked valve specs, cleaned carbs, new head gasket, new intake o rings, new exhausts seals, decarbed and cleaned all valves, new valve seals, new valve cover gaskets, unfreeze and cleaned,lubed the spark advance timing counter weights and springs behind spark generator plate on right side of engine. I syncronized the carbs. Runs like a bat out of hell finnally.
    If you have sparks on all plugs,ignitor should be good!
    I've become pretty good at pulling the carbs off and on. My first two attempts at pulling the carbs was very agonizing.
    I thought to myself "how in the hell will these come off with no room to work with?"With patience and good hand eye cordination,it will become easier!
    Last edited by Guest; 05-11-2008, 10:16 PM. Reason: add to

82 GS650GL Harley exhaust

\\/http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3809&stc=1&d=121055552 0

Comment

Working...
    X