Phoenix 4.0 Jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phoenix 4.0 Jacket

I picked up a Joe Rocket Phoenix 4.0 jacket out of DennisKirk for $130 if I remember. It's the best warm-weather jacket I've used, though I bought it for my first street bike, all off-road before.

The whole jacket is a double weave coarse mesh, so air just breezes right through it, I've never had a jacket that vented this well. So far the hottest day I've worn it on was about 80, and I was completely comfortable, not hot whatsoever. It does have a zip-out waterproof nylon liner(air goes through the mesh easily, so does water). The liner does a fair job of blocking the airflow for cooler days, but for riding much below 60 you better have a sweatshirt or something warm on underneath.

It has a large armor plate in the back, as well as CE rated(whatever that means) armor in the shoulders and elbows/forearms. It all fits very well and does not get in the way at all. There are two elastic straps on each sleeve to snug the armor up, otherwise it tends to slide around. I did notice the sleeves are rather baggy, but the elastic keeps them from flapping around.

A neat trick is on the right side interior there is a "face shield storage" pocket that wraps around the right side of the jacket. A full size shield fits in there nicely, and you really don't even notice it's there. Another perk is that there is a waterproof(with or without liner) pocket for an audio device with a little rubber grommet near the collar to put the headphone wire.

Overall, I am very satisfied with this jacket. On hot days at slow speeds/in traffic it's a lifesaver. I'm doin' fine while my buddy in a leather jacket is about to die from the heat. The jacket comes in a few colors, there's a solid black, a black/red, black/blue, and a few others.

For the relatively low price, it's great to pick up as a second jacket for the hot weather rides

I have this jacket as well, bought it last year when I got the scooter so I'm on my second season with it. outer shell only I've worn on 100 degree days, add in the liner and a fleece and I've ridden in 15-20 degree weather.

Comment

CE rating is a european standard rating, similar to our snell rating. it means it's good stuff, they seem to have a bit more rigid standards over there about what is motorcycle apperal as opposed to here, where it just has to be leather, or have a logo that matches your flip flops. :shock:

I have had really good luck with joe rocket too.. it's just seems to be good stuff at a good price!
      Last edited by Guest; 05-14-2008, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Just a heads-up - If someone is out to buy one of these, newenough has them for $89.

Here is a great deal in a 'tried and true' design which has been steadily improved over almost a decade. We are moving out a group of Phoenix 4.0 jackets to...
        "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...dStatesMap.jpg

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

Working...
        X