Shinko Tire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shinko Tire

Just installed a Shinko 190/50/ZR17 ultra soft compound, on the rear of my stretched and big-bored 1100E. The tire has a pretty flat profile, so cornering is a bit awkward. The compound is extremely soft, so life expectancy is short. If you need a large contact patch for drag racing, this is a cheaper option than the Metzler Dragtec, or the Mickey Thompson shootout tires. Traction is unbelievable, warm-up is very quick, and the local shop sold it to me for $140 plus tax.

doesn't sound like that much of a bargin $140 for 2-3K mile tire

Comment

it is a different preference, you look for miles and he looked for ultimate traction. Drag slicks for cars and bikes are expensive and they dont last very long either

Comment

Tire

Yes, traction was the main goal. Considering the other tires I mentioned are anywhere from $250 to $300, this one is a bargain. I tried just a regular sportbike tire, (Michelen Pilot), and only got about 2000 miles out of it. Anything more than 1/2 throttle in first or second, just generated a good cloud of rubber smoke. I'm hoping this one will actually last longer, since it doesn't break loose all the time.

Comment

Working...
        X