Kudos to Z1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kudos to Z1

I have a local dealer that I would like to buy from. I did buy my helmet from them because I needed to check the fit. They are 15 minutes from my house and they have a very knowledgeable parts lady. Now for the bad news. They wanted to charge $13.68 for each valve shim. I only needed 2. The valve cover gasket was $34 without the half moons and they would have to order the shims and the gasket. Their standard lead time on a special order is 10 business days.

Friday evening, I ordered the parts from Z1 to be shipped Priority mail. My paypal payment is time-stamped 9:04PM CDT. I received a shipping notice on Saturday and the parts showed up in the mail today (Monday) Their prompt handling of the order is very appreciated.
    Z1 charged $5.28 each for the shims, $8.80 for the gasket and $15.33 for the valve depressing tool. Shipping was $6.00.

Best of all I'll be able to ride tomorrow
    sigpic

1980 GS1000G in the shop!

Past Bikes
    1979 GS850G
    1978 GS750
    1973 GT380

+1...I was over to Z1 today for some Jets and dealt with Chris, Another stand up guy! I had a chance to talk to Rob today as well to thank him for letting me bring my tank in last time to dry fit a petcock..Awesome business to deal with!!

Jeff (teet)

Comment

They are the first place I look when its time to maintain the GS1100. Their prices are usually the best, and they have quick turn around.

I often check other places, but seem to always come back to Z1.

Comment

Working...
      X