No announcement yet.

Another Oldbikebarn.com Fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont know WTF it was...but it was all last week...well before the holiday.

Comment

I was going to order some brake lines from allbikebrakes.com. They seem to have good prices and selection.

Comment

Originally posted by almarconi View Post
        I was going to order some brake lines from allbikebrakes.com. They seem to have good prices and selection.
        They do have the best selection Ive found. Prices are pretty comparable. My deal is probably just UPS.

I had parts of the same weight shipped USPS from San Diego and it took 2 days.

Comment

If you look at the OBB web site you see a better business bureau logo.

Heres what the bbb says about it.

Company name: Old Bike Barn
          URL: www.oldbikebarn.com
          Problem: This company sells Japanese motorcycle parts and accessories on the Internet.
          This company falsely implies BBB affiliation by its unauthorized use of the BBBONLINE RELIABILITY LOGO on its web site. Old Bike Barn has been informed on more than one occasion that the BBBONLINE RELIABILITY LOGO needs to be removed from its web site. This company is not a BBB member and a BBBOnLine Reliability program participant. Consumers should be aware that this business is not in any way affiliated with the Better Business Bureau system.
          BBB of Buffalo

Comment

Originally posted by GS1100GK
            If this is true, the company is guilty of copyright infringement at least and fraud at worst. A letter to their ISP from BBBO should clear up the copyright issue.
            That's what I can't figure out -- how are they still in business? Their hosting provider (which may or may not have anything to do with their ISP) and their credit card merchant account provider should have given them the boot long ago.

If you look around here and on other forums, there are tons of people who have had to do chargebacks because they never receive anything from these jokers. (Once in a long while they do send something out, as noted above, but not all that often.) It doesn't take very many chargebacks to lose your merchant account.
            1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
            2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
            2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

I just want to inform everyone that I just got my refund from them. It was mainly thanks to contacting my credit card company/bank and chatting with the BBB which really sped things up. All in all it only took 3-4 weeks to get all my money back. Lots of hassles and calling around but I got it back.

For the love of god why are they still alive?

Comment

A few weeks back I filed a complaint with the BBB - I was frustrated the Buffalo BBB was ignoring the problem as they referred me to Quebec BBB who did nothing - I couldn't find any mention of Old Bike Barn on the Quebec BBB website. I followed up with the Buffalo BBB and they updated the Buffalo BBB website to reflect the problems with OBB.

OBB is now rated an F - the worse grade for a business. 18 complaints filed with the BBB in 5 months...

Comment

Originally posted by braveryd View Post
                  For the love of god why are they still alive?
                  I can't figure it out either -- there must be easier ways to steal money.

They're still fraudulently using the BBB seal, too.
                  1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                  2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                  2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                  Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Working...
                  X