Goodridge Brake Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodridge Brake Lines

Purchased front and rear stainless steel brake lines for my bike from Z1 enterprises. Installation was straightforward, no issues. Assembled everything hand tight and then snugged the fittings with a wrench. Reused the old banjo bolts with new crush washers. System bled out fine with no leaks. Would purchase these lines again.

Teflon?

Did you have to treat the threads with anything?

Originally posted by almarconi View Post
    Purchased front and rear stainless steel brake lines for my bike from Z1 enterprises. Installation was straightforward, no issues. Assembled everything hand tight and then snugged the fittings with a wrench. Reused the old banjo bolts with new crush washers. System bled out fine with no leaks. Would purchase these lines again.

Comment

No everything was assembled dry.

Comment

Did you have to match each hose by measuring yours, or were they able to say which ones you needed by telling them what model your bike was?

Comment

I took the old ones off and measured them, end to end. I subtracted 3" for the new fittings and ordered the length of hose I needed. You can give Jeff a call and ask him if you are not sure what length you need.

I would measure them yourself, that way you know you are getting the correct length.

These lines are much easier to align once you get everything hooked up. Unlike hoses with fixed ends you can adjust these to get the lines just right. I've purchased HEL lines before and these are much easier to install.

Comment

i measured mine and from end of banjo to end of banjo they were about 21". I need to research the lines on Z1 for goodriche. So would I need 21" lines?

ALL the banjo bolts were good except for the one at the MC. It was rusty but i'll clean it up to see if I'll reuse it.
            1979 GS850G
            2004 SV650N track bike
            2005 TT-R125 pit bike
            LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

i measured mine and from end of banjo to end of banjo they were about 21". I need to research the lines on Z1 for goodriche. So would I need 21" lines?
              Your overall line length would be 21 inches, you would order a 17 inch line and 2 banjo fittings. The 2 banjo fittings take up 3 inches. Also order a package of crush washers.

Comment

is the stainless steel coated with a clear coat material? I almost would like no coating, just stainless steel. How do you like the coating?
                1979 GS850G
                2004 SV650N track bike
                2005 TT-R125 pit bike
                LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

Comment

I have installed the Goodridge lines on my latest bike and found the to be of high quality and less expensive than the H.E.L. lines I used on my last project. Yes mine are coated. Just my 2cents. Ray
                  "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
                  GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
                  1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
                  1979 GS1000SN The new hope
                  1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

Another advantage is a line can be replaced without new banjos should it be damaged. These lines really make a difference, I was surprised at the fingertip control they provided all by themselves.

I paid about 180 for the lines on my bike, 2 in front and 1 in back. I ordered my front a tad long for more installation options and used a crossover from left to right as well.
                    1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
                    1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

is the stainless steel coated with a clear coat material? I almost would like no coating, just stainless steel. How do you like the coating?
                      I went with the black coating because my bike is black. I believe they are available in clear also.

Comment

Originally posted by tas850g View Post
                        Plain stainless hose will scratch your aluminum and plastic bits if there is any contact. You can also slide spiral wound hose protectors over them if you already have plain stainless and want some protection.

Comment

i ordered 3 17" coated SS lines for the front with new chrome plated banjo's and crush washers. I'll let you all know how everything comes out. Maybe with pictures too.
                          1979 GS850G
                          2004 SV650N track bike
                          2005 TT-R125 pit bike

Comment

Any update on the install?

Comment

i just received my lines. I haven't installed them yet as i am 3 hrs away from my bike. They look very easy to install as previously mentioned.

One question i have is the diameter of the new lines are smaller than the OEM. I hope this is ok? Looking at the parts-unlimited catalog it says they are -2 lines. I've been told this number is in reference to the length of the lines and will not affect the performances of the lines.

I'm getting a set of the Goodridge speed bleeders to replace the old ones.

I will be hooking these up on thursday when i return home. It looks pretty straightforward though.
                              1979 GS850G
                              2004 SV650N track bike
                              2005 TT-R125 pit bike

Comment

Working...
                              X