Teknic Stinger jacket from newenough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teknic Stinger jacket from newenough

Okay, I had four motorcycle jackets (Vanson all-perf leather, Hein Gericke non-vented leather, Teknic Hurricane and a Joe Rocket Phoenix). I wore the Phoenix a little one summer before I got the Vanson, then stopped wearing it (redundant). The Teknic I only wore when it was really cold. Mostly, I just wore the Vanson in summer and Hein Gericke when it got cool. But I wanted a ¾ length jacket……….

So, a couple weeks ago, I ordered a Teknic Stinger from newenough.com. In usual fashion, they had it at my door in two or three days. Regular price was $239, but they had a few sizes – including 46, mine – on closeout at $79.

This thing is great. It’s snug – really a perfect fit, but I suspect you can’t have much of a belly for it. It’s advertised as a 2/3 length jacket and feels perfect on the bike. Construction is very solid, armor doesn’t shift, it has lots of pockets………..very warm too. There is a removable liner and some decent-looking vents, so I think it’d be okay in warmer weather, but I wasn’t looking for that.

Looks like they only have red/black in 44 and red/black, blue/black and silver/black in 46, but if that’s your size, this is a great deal.

The Stinger jacket is a 2/3 length jacket that offers the features you would find in any of the best touring jackets, but is now being offered at an...
    "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...dStatesMap.jpg

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

I bought the only 44 left, in red/black, it'll work for me, snooze, you lose...

Comment

Working...
    X