Tourmaster heated vest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tourmaster heated vest

Maybe reviewed before...but I recently purchased this vest with collar, from the local Honda dealer for $120, including all the wiring and 3 level (hi-med-lo) controls. I know some of you have raved about getting a heated vest but after many cold riding days and checking e-bay, I finally broke down and bought one. First, the price at the dealer for exactly what I wanted and able to try on with just a T-shirt, was better than anything "new" online. Second, on my 20 mile ride yesterday in 34 degree weather I was toasty and very happy! I could feel the warmth through my T-shirt within a minute of plugging in and turning it on to high while the bike was at idle and me standing next to the bike while prepping for the ride. I recommend the multi setting control, because after 10 miles of hi setting, I was bumping it down to med and then to low by the end of the ride. This vest along with my Connie's heated grips will go a long way towards making my cold weather rides much more bearable (when it doesn't snow around here). The vest came with a straight connect to the battery with a fuse holder (rated up to 15 amps) and a velcro strap to hold the control in place to your thigh while riding. Control buttons were easy to use even with heavier cold weather gloves and it uses standard coax connecters. It also has the coax pigtail for connecting additional gear such as heated gloves or pants. I got the vest in a size L (44) to fit snug over a long sleeve T-shirt, and under my regular riding jacket that has a full sleeve quilted liner zipped in. You will have to provide your own 15amp fuse. Here is the product manual and a link to the vest:
    Motorcycle touring means a lot of things these days and Tourmaster motorcycle gear handles it all. From adventure touring to cross-country riding or just commuting on your bike, Tourmaster has you covered.

Motorcycle touring means a lot of things these days and Tourmaster motorcycle gear handles it all. From adventure touring to cross-country riding or just commuting on your bike, Tourmaster has you covered.

...2 thumbs up on this purchase!!

I bought one, and it never worked. I had not even tried to use it for more than a year after I purchased it. They refused to listen to me, and would not help for a long time. Finally, they made it right and gave me a new vest.

Mine has too short of a cable, with all the length on the bike part, not on the vest. That means the plug is hanging way out on the bike, instead of strapped to the frame. It also means I have to reach up under my outer jacket to plug it in. I prefer to have the cable with a plug on each end like my other vests. I bought 4 vests last year for the cross country trip with my brothers. Tour Master recommends that you start the bike before you plug in, as the power surge can scramble the controller. The short cord, combined with the plug hidden under my Killamanjaro jacket is not convenient. Putting the long end of the cord on the bike instead of at the jacket is nuts in my opinion. I have not found a place to buy the type of plugs Tourmaster uses. Eclipse uses SAE connectors, which Battery Tender also uses which is nice. My other vests (forgot the brand) use SAE connectors too except the Widder gloves which I converted to SAE connectors.

I don't mind just an on-off switch only on a heated vest, an long as it is easy to operate.

Anyway, I think the Tourmaster could be improved, but it is priced super well for a vest with a controller. The plug / cord issues are minor. Tourmaster also did replace my entire unit with a new one.
    Last edited by 850 Combat; 12-09-2009, 01:38 PM. Reason: spelling so bad, even I noticed it
    sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Working...
    X