realgaskets...AWSOME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

realgaskets...AWSOME

fantastic product, Every gs rocker should have one. Higly recommended, thank you real gaskets.

Great stuff, indeed, but those who have a bike with the tach drive in the valve cover instead of the head should think twice.

The extra thickness of the gasket might prevent proper engagement of the tach drive gear. Problems have been reported.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

i am a fortunate one. I bought the real gasket and like it but i don't have to worry about the tach gear not lining up as others have had that issue.
      1979 GS850G
      2004 SV650N track bike
      2005 TT-R125 pit bike
      LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        Great stuff, indeed, but those who have a bike with the tach drive in the valve cover instead of the head should think twice.

The extra thickness of the gasket might prevent proper engagement of the tach drive gear. Problems have been reported.

Yea... did not work for me, broke the old tach cable, and a replacement cable. Also trying to get it low enough to engage the gear mixed with the gasket for my model having 1 bolt hole missing on the gasket left me trashing it with this springs shim check.

Comment

Not worth the extra $$ in my experience.... They work well the first couple of times but certainly don't last forever
          1980 GS1000G - Sold
          1978 GS1000E - Finished!
          1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
          1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
          2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
          1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
          2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

didn't even consider the tacho gear engagement. Tach works fine still.
            I imagine this gasket lasting more than afew adjustments but we will see.
            Im still pretty happy with it even if I can't spell "awesome"

Comment

All depends if the drive is in the head or the cover. GS1000 has it in the head so no probs. I think it was some of the 550's that had the stripped tach gear issues with these gaskets.

I reckon you'll get 4 remove/re-fits before you'll need to change it....

Dan
              1980 GS1000G - Sold
              1978 GS1000E - Finished!
              1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
              1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
              2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
              1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
              2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Working...
              X