AGM Battery by Motobatt $65 shipped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AGM Battery by Motobatt $65 shipped

Found an AGM battery from Motobatt on eBay. $65 shipped to my door, 2 year warranty instead of the usual 1 year warranty. It is also one of those "One size fits many bikes" with a plate to make the battery taller and multiple ways to connect the terminals. Seems to be a quality unit. They carry other sizes, of course.

Made the Galena/Fenimore spring rally, 1500 miles, no issues. I plan on purchasing another one when I get the GPz back on the road. My last AGM battery lasted 7 years, I hope this one does just as well.

The extra terminals could come in handy as well.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

How long did shipping take on the Motobatt?
      sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Battery

I have bought 3 from them. Just recently got 2 in the mail. Took 3 days. That is pretty good. Florida to Illinois. I was very happy with that. Bmac

Comment

I looked at this battery, and read through the threads on AGM batteries. I bought a Deka AGM battery from a local dealer for $79, including local sales tax. It is worth the extra $14 to me to buy locally, and to have the option of local service if it is ever needed.

The dealer has visited the Deka plant in Pennsylvania at least twice. They recycle batteries on site, reusing almost everything. They have their own industrial laundry, because outside contractors can't keep lead in garments out of waste water. Still family owned. They now have factories in Iowa and Oregon, and one in Mexico, for the Mexican market (not sending back to US).
          sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Mottobatt

Check out this site for testing on the mottobatt and other batteries. Called the Texas cook-off. Also, you are right, they don't combine shipping. But, a 2 year warranty is good enough for me. Bob
            www.intruderalert.com/cafe/index

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
              Check out this site for testing on the mottobatt and other batteries. Called the Texas cook-off. Also, you are right, they don't combine shipping. But, a 2 year warranty is good enough for me. Bob
              www.intruderalert.com/cafe/index
              Can you recheck the URL? I was able to get to the main page through a Google search, but the battery test isn't apparent to me.
              sigpic[Tom]

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
                Originally posted by themess View Post
                Can you recheck the URL?
                +1. I would appreciate a link to the tests, or at least the Motobatt specs. It appears to be a Chinese-made battery, marketed by an Australian company. Certainly a good price, but not too much info, WRT the actual numbers.
                '82 GS1100E

Comment

Mottobatt battery test

here you go, try this site. Bob www.intruderalert.com/cafe/index.cfm?page=topic
                  Go to Texas toast battery cook off
                  Last edited by Guest; 07-10-2010, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Thanks, Bmac. Haven't gone through the whole write-up yet, but the Motobatt seems to be the clear winner in that (unconventional, but totally relevant) test. It would be interesting to see how a Yuasa or a Deka performed too, but they weren't included....although the fact that the Motobatt easily outperformed the WestCo and even the expensive Odyssey batteries suggests that it would beat them too. Pretty impressive, esp. since it is the cheapest of the lot!
                    Direct links here..

'82 GS1100E

Comment

I ordered one yesterday...for the drag bike...
                      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Thanks for the information. Motobatt does sound good.
                        sigpic[Tom]

Comment

My Deka AGM lasted 7 years, I hope I get similar performance from this one. Also, to honor the warranty, all you have to ship back is the top, which saves on shipping.
                          The box does say "Made in China", if that is an issue for anyone.
                          Both my bikes use the MBTX14AU, btw.
                          Last edited by Guest; 07-11-2010, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Mine arrived today...so I'm quite happy with the service..

Looks good....I may just put it in the street bike and put the two year old battery in the drag bike
                            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

i had a motobatt in my concours for a good 40k, over 4 years. It went through lots of abuse. I caused lots of dead battery instances from leaving accessories on, and they would charge back up on the charger no problem every time. They went through painful jump starts as a result of this, and there wasn't ever a real issue. I rode all year, winter and summer, and had grip heaters and fog lights on all the time nearly, and never had any problems with the batteries.

any problem i had with the batteries was my own fault, clearly. the batteries only performed fantastically over the time it was in my bike.

When I was installing it, initially, i replaced a previous-owner-installed yausa AGM battery that was 6 years old, which was actually past it's prime when i replaced it.

I sold the bike, and I was bummed because I couldn't see how much longer it would go. The motobatt batteries are an excellent value for the quality, it seems. I'm a huge fan, especially with the extra poles. They are going in every moped, scoot, and motorcycle i buy from now on.

Comment

Working...
                              X