Bolts from Stainlesscycle.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bolts from Stainlesscycle.com

I recently purchased a GS1000 engine bolt kit, CV carb kit, and a few other loose fasteners from stainlesscycle.com. Their prices were quite fair, and the ability to purchase from a supply any number of additional fasteners was a selling point for me. They had very quick communication and when I received my package all the bolts were in separately labeled bags with a key sheet denoting which fasteners were for what parts. I have seen a few postings on here regarding customers not knowing what bolts were for what parts of the engine upon receiving their kits from other sellers. Also the engine kit was much more comprehensive that Z1's, 95 bolts vice 58. Stainlesscycle also sells kits in both polished and unpolished, and there is a noticable difference in the sheen of the hand polished bolts from the kit versus the unpolished loose bolts also purchased. I have compiled another list of random bolts that I will be needing for my project and plan on returning my business to them.
    Last edited by Guest; 02-11-2011, 05:14 PM.

I've bought a few SS bolt kits from them - quite happy with the hardware but shipping was slow.

However, as you stated, the communication was excellent. I was accidently shorted 3 oil filter cover bolts on one order & they sent them to me ASAP with no hassles.
    '85 GS550L - SOLD
    '85 GS550E - SOLD
    '82 GS650GL - SOLD
    '81 GS750L - SOLD
    '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
    '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
    '82 GS1100G - SOLD
    '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

I received my package within a week of ordering and I placed my order on a weekend. Not sure where they are located in the US though...

Comment

I also purchased the engine and carb kit for the Skunk a while back. I cant remember how much it was but it had to be the best deal I could find if I know me.
        Shipping wasn't an issue that I can recall.
        The kits are just as stated, labeled and easy to use in individual baggies.
        I would and probably will buy from them again.

sigpic

82 GS850
        78 GS1000
        04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
        .................________-|___\____
        ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Man I don't know if I can beat that price at my local bolt supply and they have low low prices on metric stainless..

Do they include the carb holder bolts?

I don't see the body to frame bolts for the VM carbs either.. just the 28 cap and bowl screws..

Comment

Not too sure about the VM carb bolts, I have CV. I know the CV carb kit does not include the gang rail bolts, just tops and bowls. Actually now they include the drain screws as well, but not when I purchased the kit.

Comment

I got a set for my CV carbs. Good shipping, and the price was way less than the hardware store. 2 thumbs up!

Comment

Working...
              X