$10 spy camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$10 spy camera

Flaming Chainsaw found this little camera but he posted in OT ; so I'm posting this here

Helmet Camera

I've been looking at this one. Super cheap and sound and video quality actually look good .
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Mini-DV-DVR-Spor...item41591ebc36

Who has one? Like or no like?

I won't be getting a GoPro or Drift HD170 since it's way out of my budget.

Here's a video on Youtube. Looks and sounds good, right?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8Y2icYe9fc

Originally Posted by posplayr

How is this (a Meely/Moore State machine)? I'm still working on some of the other parts.
    • Bubbles are states (doing what is in the name)
    • LED light status associated with each state is located near each state.
    • Arrows are transitions based on the action at each transition.
    OK I updated this to three pages (took more than a couple of minutes).

There are more transitions for programming (any time you stick in the USB cable) and shut off (when it runs out of either memory, battery or more than 45 sec in standby mode). I omitted those transitions.

Pretty decent camera for $10

http://www.posplayr.100megsfree3.com...STRUCTIONS.pdf
    Last edited by posplayr; 06-08-2011, 03:03 AM.

i had one it fell apart before i could use it. On adv some have bought most did not last, for a $100. you can get a non hd gopro, mine works great.

Comment

Originally posted by kdo58 View Post
      i had one it fell apart before i could use it. On adv some have bought most did not last, for a $100. you can get a non hd gopro, mine works great.
      Hi hear the Gopros are a little bulky ?

Comment

OK, it works. The picture is pretty fair quality for $11 camera, not bad at all. Still have a few questions... and complaints. In the sunlight, I can't see the LEDs at all, I have to hold it up to my eye inside a cupped hand to see them. So I rode up to my Super Secret Canyon Ride to take a little vid, went to turn it on, no LED action, so I assumed the batteries had died and went home. Got home and it was working fine, just couldn't see the LEDs.. GRrr. Next bitch, need to turn it on, then put on the helmet and gloves. The tiny buttons on the camera are just too small to use with gloves on.
        How do you make it take more than a two minute video? Mine divides the video into two minute sections, is it in the sound operated mode?
        Haven't figured out how to attach it to a helmet, maybe a big wad of chewing gum would do it. I clipped it to my lapel, but then I can't zip the zipper so it was flopping around off to the side, and pointing to the sky too much...
        Still it's a heck of a bargain for $11.
        I think there will be some interesting videos coming out of it.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
          ....., went to turn it on, no LED action, so I assumed the batteries had died and went home. Got home and it was working fine, just couldn't see the LEDs..

Hopefully you were behaving yourself!

Comment

Ain't misbehaving.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I'll post some pics of how I got it on my helmet later today.

Comment

I got one and it broke in about 2 weeks.
                We mounted one on my mates RS and it was too shakey to see anything, probably alright mounted on a helmet or something?
                But i got mine for 1c ($10 postage) so i got what i paid for.

Comment

Originally posted by landshark View Post
                  I got one and it broke in about 2 weeks.
                  We mounted one on my mates RS and it was too shakey to see anything, probably alright mounted on a helmet or something?
                  But i got mine for 1c ($10 postage) so i got what i paid for.
                  The mai nbenefit if there is one of this camera (other than being cheap) is that you can mount it on your helemt and it will be largely stabilized at least as well as your head is.

I did a handlebar mount for a ELPH camera and it was a little dizzying even when stabilized.

mechanically stabilized

same video digitally stabilized.

Comment

Hi,

I'm in a cheap gadget buying mood. I ordered one. It'll be fun to play with for as long as it lasts. Thanks!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                      OK, it works. The picture is pretty fair quality for $11 camera, not bad at all. Still have a few questions... and complaints. In the sunlight, I can't see the LEDs at all, I have to hold it up to my eye inside a cupped hand to see them. So I rode up to my Super Secret Canyon Ride to take a little vid, went to turn it on, no LED action, so I assumed the batteries had died and went home. Got home and it was working fine, just couldn't see the LEDs.. GRrr. Next bitch, need to turn it on, then put on the helmet and gloves. The tiny buttons on the camera are just too small to use with gloves on.
                      How do you make it take more than a two minute video? Mine divides the video into two minute sections, is it in the sound operated mode?
                      Haven't figured out how to attach it to a helmet, maybe a big wad of chewing gum would do it. I clipped it to my lapel, but then I can't zip the zipper so it was flopping around off to the side, and pointing to the sky too much...
                      Still it's a heck of a bargain for $11.
                      I think there will be some interesting videos coming out of it.
                      Haven't seen anything about the function in the instruction off the net. Couldn't open the one on the mini CD. But on the front of the box it says "voice activated trigger recording function only recorded images you need". Maybe setting it up as a web cam and playing with it might reveal how/if it is VOX capable.

Mounting method shown in pic below

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Green View Post
                        Haven't seen anything about the function in the instruction off the net. Couldn't open the one on the mini CD. But on the front of the box it says "voice activated trigger recording function only recorded images you need". Maybe setting it up as a web cam and playing with it might reveal how/if it is VOX capable.

Mounting method shown in pic below
                        From the first post.............................................. ....

How is this (a Meely/Moore State machine)? I'm still working on some of the other parts.
                        • Bubbles are states (doing what is in the name)
                        • LED light status associated with each state is located near each state.
                        • Arrows are transitions based on the action at each transition.

OK I updated this to three pages (took more than a couple of minutes).

There are more transitions for programming (any time you stick in the USB cable) and shut off (when it runs out of either memory, battery or more than 45 sec in standby mode). I omitted those transitions.

Pretty decent camera for $10

SPY_CAMERA_INSTRUCTIONS
                        Last edited by posplayr; 06-08-2011, 03:04 AM.

Comment

I've used it mounted on my visor and also mounted on my sunglasses while driving just to test it out. i forgot it was on my visor and flicked the visor up with the camera flying off in the process, it survived going 60kph, all i had to do was push the lens back on and its fine.

Comment

I did have some great fun from this camera hiding it at a party.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                              From the first post.....................OK I updated this to three pages (took more than a couple of minutes)..............................
                              Lol.. Missed that bit

Comment

Working...
                              X