No announcement yet.

$10 spy camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, took a nice little ride on the new XT today, the camera worked fine, but I move my head far too much to use a helmet camera. It's good enough that you guys can judge the camera, if not my aiming abilities. How can I load a fairly long video on here?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
      OK, took a nice little ride on the new XT today, the camera worked fine, but I move my head far too much to use a helmet camera. It's good enough that you guys can judge the camera, if not my aiming abilities. How can I load a fairly long video on here?
      How long is the video? You can upload them to Youtube or Photobucket then post the link here.

Comment

I have been having trouble mounting mine in the helmet (may have to try externally Like Jim did)

Can't fit it (straight) on the inside of the chin bar

Cover over the hinge point on the internal sun visor prevents sliding in a pvc angle/bracket.

Have sewn velcroe onto helmet liner and packed for horizontal alignment ok and can open and close (the flip face) and internal sun visor (just), but the movement of the liner and squish effect of the padding once my mellon is cramed in has made attempts thus far a pretty sad afair. Mainly because the camera is cockeyed.

Back to the drawing board

Pic attached

Comment

Have had to figure out what windows live is, so I could upload a youtube from MS moviemaker.

Not very flash due to **** poor alignment of the camera pointing down to the left and the helmets internal sun visor clipping the picture at the top. But at least it gives some idea of the great value for money

I guess I wont get the cameraman job on the next round of intrepid journeys

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Green View Post
            Have had to figure out what windows live is, so I could upload a youtube from MS moviemaker.

Not very flash due to **** poor alignment of the camera pointing down to the left and the helmets internal sun visor clipping the picture at the top. But at least it gives some idea of the great value for money

I guess I wont get the cameraman job on the next round of intrepid journeys
            Not bad for $10! I was waiting for someone to post it while riding. I think I will be the next person to invest $10 on one of these.

BTW, you are driving on the wrong side of the road!

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

heres my camera test, mounted on the top of my visor, it points to far down and next time i will be mounting it on the inside of the chinbar.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodsy View Post
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6xu1zv0pys

heres my camera test, mounted on the top of my visor, it points to far down and next time i will be mounting it on the inside of the chinbar.
                Yup, sound and video quality are exceptional . Very nice for a $10 camera.

Wrong side of the road Woodsy .

Comment

Think I'll have to look in to one of these.For $10 that looks pretty good!Maybe take you guys on a Sunday morning commute on Sooke Rd.
                  Edit: They are $14.11 to Canada,what a rip off!Really think I'm going to do this.
                  Edit 2;Did it,now lets see if the Canada Post strike messes up getting it.Looked down the listings and got it for $13.
                  Last edited by Guest; 07-18-2011, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Has anyone tried mounting on a mirror ? Just wondering if the lead weights that stop the mirror from vibrating would be steady enough for a camera.
                    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time1983 GS 750
                    https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4256/3...8bf549ee_t.jpghttps://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4196/3...cab9f62d_t.jpg

Comment

Hi,

I got my little camera in the mail today. Then I realized that I didn't have a microSD card.

Looks like I get to pay a visit to the computer store. Darn.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
                        Hi,

I got my little camera in the mail today. Then I realized that I didn't have a microSD card.

Looks like I get to pay a visit to the computer store. Darn.

BassCliff
                        Get a class 4 or higher micro SD card. And make sure to throw away the USB cable and charger you got with the camera.

Comment

A little more stuff that I found out.

One of the camera mounts is magnetic.

And if the blue light flashes repeatedly and does not record, insert a micro SD card . I felt so stupid...

Comment

Hi,

I used one of my Best Buy gift cards to pick up a PNY microSD card for $10 today, 4GB Class 4, it works great. I was on my way out to see my Dad for Father's day so I thought I'd give the camera a try. As I went to clip it on my vest I dropped it. Drat. The camera is OK but the clip broke. I was able to use a small zip tie to hold the camera in the clip so that it's usable. I've been playing with it this evening and I think it's going to work OK. I'll video my commute in the morning and see how it goes.

I didn't get a charger with my setup. The unit came in a padded envelope, not a box, with no documentation at all. I got a spring clip, a couple of mounts, a plastic cover, and a lanyard. The included USB cable seems to work fine. I can play the videos right off the camera. I haven't got the tag.txt file figured out yet. I've been able to change the displayed date and time, but not to the correct values. The camera works on my Windows and Linux machines.

BassCliff

Comment

seemed to work for me

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
                              Hi,

I used one of my Best Buy gift cards to pick up a PNY microSD card for $10 today, 4GB Class 4, it works great. I was on my way out to see my Dad for Father's day so I thought I'd give the camera a try. As I went to clip it on my vest I dropped it. Drat. The camera is OK but the clip broke. I was able to use a small zip tie to hold the camera in the clip so that it's usable. I've been playing with it this evening and I think it's going to work OK. I'll video my commute in the morning and see how it goes.

I didn't get a charger with my setup. The unit came in a padded envelope, not a box, with no documentation at all. I got a spring clip, a couple of mounts, a plastic cover, and a lanyard. The included USB cable seems to work fine. I can play the videos right off the camera. I haven't got the tag.txt file figured out yet. I've been able to change the displayed date and time, but not to the correct values. The camera works on my Windows and Linux machines.

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                                seemed to work for me
                                I got that figured out but I don't really like the 24 hour military style clock. Is there anyway to put AM and PM?

Comment

Working...
                                X