Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just ordered a better (hopefully) action cam for $123 US delivered

Comment

Got mine today,finally.Stupid PO lockout.

Comment

What or how is the best way to fit it to the bike for a stable picture when riding?

Comment

Originally posted by Matchless View Post
          What or how is the best way to fit it to the bike for a stable picture when riding?
          The idea was to stick the camera on or inside your helmet. I'm not sure where I'd put it on the bike though.... Not even sure how lol. Maybe velcro it somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Flaming Chainsaws View Post
            The idea was to stick the camera on or inside your helmet. I'm not sure where I'd put it on the bike though.... Not even sure how lol. Maybe velcro it somewhere?

I tried it from a small bracket i made, but it needs some vibration dampening and I was just wondering if someone has already found a workable solution
            I have a Windjammer and the camera is not above the windshield if fixed to the helmet.

Comment

Is that your riding experience?IMHO that is what these helmet cams would show.But what do I know?

Comment

Just ordered one of these bad boys and even if it turns out to be a POS, $10 with free shipping, no loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Green View Post
                  I've given up on them. They may be great value for money but they aren't doing what I want. I need a little bit of consistency and I can't get one of the six I still have, to do the job. It's Hopeless when the same unit runs for differing lengths of time (times range between 2 to 60 minutes with most less than 15 minutes)

Looks like I got a bad batch
                  If they're that inconsistent, you might want to experiment with cracking one open and replacing the tiny battery with a small cable and external jack that would allow you to plug in a remote battery pack (you would make, of course). The advantage is, you could use regular or rechargeable batteries, and the run time would be many hours, only limited by the size of your memory card. Obviously not as convenient as a self contained solution, but a small external pack could easily fit in a shirt pocket with a short run of cable up to the camera (assuming it's mounted in the helmet).

Worth a try as long as you have them to fool around with...

Regards,

Comment

Anybody got a picture of the charger?I didn't get one.

Comment

Originally posted by rlong74 View Post
                      Just ordered one of these bad boys
                      I clicked on the link and it says the listing has ended. Is there another listing that you used?
                      85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                      79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
                        Anybody got a picture of the charger?I didn't get one.
                        you just use the USB cable to charge the device

Bruce this one still works

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R4...am+MD80+spycam+
                        Last edited by posplayr; 07-20-2011, 11:12 AM.

Comment

I need to stop late night shopping as I didn't even check seller feedback. Here's the link.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                            you just use the USB cable to charge the device

+
                            That is what I thought.Thanks.

Comment

Got the micro sd card yesterday.Give it a try today.Will use BassCliff's mounting idea.

Comment

Hi,

Taken with my $10 spycam clipped to my visor:

The 6th Annual Western States GSR Rally crew rides down from Glacier Point in Yosemite National Park. This was the first time I've attended the rally and the...

From the 6th Annual Western States GSR Rally. I follow the Chicago/Indy crew from Graegle, where we had lunch, to Sierra City through the beautiful Sierras. ...

The 6th Annual Western States GS Rally: Sunday the gang went to Virginia City and then rode around part of Lake Tahoe. This is a little cruise through Virgin...

The road up to Crystal Lake (Hwy 39), San Gabriel Canyon Road, has been closed for what seems like 15 years. It's finally re-opened so Gabor and I decided we...

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
                                X