ExtremeSupply.com - FRAUD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ExtremeSupply.com - FRAUD

Just a quick note to warn others of these yahoos -- I ordered a helmet on closeout from ExtremeSupply.com last week. Since it was a new vendor to me, I reviewed their terms and conditions carefully.

I received the helmet in due course, and it didn't fit. I got no response to an email requesting a return or exchange, so I called today.

As it turns out, they do not accept returns or exchanges on closeout items. My very first indication of this was a notice printed on the receipt in the package -- in other words, nowhere on the site, the product page, or during the checkout process was it made known that this helmet could not be returned or exchanged.

Since then, it appears they have added a sentence to the very end of one of the paragraphs on their FAQ/Policies page -- see if you can find it:
    Shop our wide selection of motorcycle helmets, jackets, motocross gear, and more at competitive prices. We're based in Signal Hill/Long Beach, California, and offer free shipping on orders over $39.99.

See anything indicating "all sales are final" on their closeout pages, or any of their closeout product pages?
    Shop our wide selection of motorcycle helmets, jackets, motocross gear, and more at competitive prices. We're based in Signal Hill/Long Beach, California, and offer free shipping on orders over $39.99.

This sentence also directly contradicts their stated policies elsewhere on this page and on their site. They quite clearly say elsewhere in many ways that you can return any purchase.

I consider this nothing but fraud -- there's no way I would buy a helmet that I couldn't exchange. Changing the terms of a sale after the sale is made is a form of fraud.

There are plenty of other vendors out there who do not resort to fraud. I suggest you take your business to them, and avoid Extreme Supply under all circumstances.

Anyone wanna buy a nice helmet that's too small for me?
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Aren't you guys covered by something similar to our 'distance selling regulations'? I don't even have to have a reason, I could have just changed my mind, and legally if somebody did that here I could get my money back.
    79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Always pay with a credit card !!

Comment

Brian that's a shame.

I've dealt with them quite a few times as have some friends of mine but we have always gone to their location (they are not far from me) & tried stuff on in their warehouse. They don't really have a retail space but allow "will call" pick-ups of gear & money changes hand at that point rather than online.

Their prices are usually pretty good but I wouldn't put them in the same league as "new Enough" for efficiency, knowledge etc.

The guy I usually deal with there is called "Chris" & I believe he is one of the owners if that helps at all.

Dan
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by hampshirehog View Post
          Aren't you guys covered by something similar to our 'distance selling regulations'? I don't even have to have a reason, I could have just changed my mind, and legally if somebody did that here I could get my money back.
          Yes, there are regulations, but little route to enforcement besides flying to California and hiring a lawyer.

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1 View Post
          Always pay with a credit card !!
          Yes, of course. I did pay with a credit card, and I've contacted my credit union. Not sure yet what they can/will do about it.
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
            Brian that's a shame.

I've dealt with them quite a few times as have some friends of mine but we have always gone to their location (they are not far from me) & tried stuff on in their warehouse. They don't really have a retail space but allow "will call" pick-ups of gear & money changes hand at that point rather than online.

Their prices are usually pretty good but I wouldn't put them in the same league as "new Enough" for efficiency, knowledge etc.

The guy I usually deal with there is called "Chris" & I believe he is one of the owners if that helps at all.

Dan

Thanks, Dan -- they're certainly not a complete fraud, but when you poke around you'll find that a lot of folks have had trouble with them. Their online business is semi-shady at best.

And in this case, I do believe they have to be intentionally misleading people regarding their closeout policies. I would never buy a helmet sight-unseen with a no-return policy in place, and I don't think most people would either. The guy I talked to, "Bobby", seemed quite practiced at the art of refusal.
            Eat more venison.

Comment

Hmm good to know. I definitely wouldn't hand over money without going down there then. If I can help you out at all Brian let me know... I am close enough but I have to say that from memory they are all a lot bigger than me!!
              1980 GS1000G - Sold
              1978 GS1000E - Finished!
              1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
              1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
              2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
              1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
              2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I still recommend Motorcycle Superstore hands down. I know a lot of people that work there (I used to) and it seems to be HR policy to hire people that ride. I don't know anyone that works there that doesn't ride dirt or street, or both.

Comment

Yes, there are too many great vendors out there to waste your time with shady outfits like Extreme Supply. I've learned my lesson:
                  http://newenough.com (I refuse to use their dippy new generic name...)

http://jakewilson.com (also DBA http://rockymountainatv.com )
                  There are many others...

In possibly-related news, there was a fraud attempt yesterday on the card I used with Extreme Supply.

Now, I don't know for sure where the scammer got my card info, but I do know that I haven't used that card anywhere else new to me for a good long while.
                  Eat more venison.

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
                    Yes, there are too many great vendors out there to waste your time with shady outfits like Extreme Supply. I've learned my lesson:
                    http://newenough.com (I refuse to use their dippy new generic name...)

http://jakewilson.com (also DBA http://rockymountainatv.com )
                    There are many others...

In possibly-related news, there was a fraud attempt yesterday on the card I used with Extreme Supply.

Now, I don't know for sure where the scammer got my card info, but I do know that I haven't used that card anywhere else new to me for a good long while.
                    Oh damn. Not good. It's too obvious to be coincidental. They either got hacked or.... well I won't get into it, but either way I don't want them to have my information. Not if they can't even keep it secure.

Also, there definitely is way too many places out there with great reputations to waste time on bad ones. I hate buying any gear without trying it on first though. I am short and muscular so if I get something that fits length wise, it generally is too tight a different way. Same with helmets. I have a big melon. Even if the place is good with returns, it's still a pain. I did buy the wrong size boots from brigade quartermasters once and they overnighted me the correct size the same day i called them to let the know what was up. I hadn't even sent the wrong ones back yet. There is a lot to be said about good companies like that. They have gotten more business from me over the years because they are a solid company.

Comment

Working...
                    X