Eastern Beaver PC-8 and 30A Relay kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eastern Beaver PC-8 and 30A Relay kit

I designed and built my own fuse block and dual relay (for relay redundancy) kit for my GPz. I was then directed to the Eastern Beaver PC-8 and relay kit. Mine is a bit different in that all the fuses are switched, but the concept is similar and the PC-8 is built for you already. I spent about half what the PC-8 costs, but I also spent a lot of time laying it out and implementing it.
    All in all a good kit and much, much better and far more versatile than the ever-popular coil relay mod.

Thanks, Kid, nice to hear that.

I was considering ordering a couple of those for our bikes (Mrs. Steve's and mine). Both of them have had problems with the fuse clip melting into the plastic. Hers still holds a fuse, mine has a jumper wire to keep the headlight on.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I saw one installed on a Weestrom. The guy was as nontechnical as could be but he managed to install it correctly. The only things I did not like:
      a single relay (but you could easily add a parallel relay for redundancy)
      the cover is neither see-thru nor waterproof (mine is transparent so I can check for blown fuses and loose connections)
      the cover takes a screwdriver to remove (mine pops off)
      the European connectors (but that is just a matter of taste)
      mini blade fuses (my bike uses standard blade fuses, so I would have to carry both types).
      Having said all that, I am very picky about my electrics so I have lots of biases.

All in all a very slick piece and the guy said the support was top-notch. I think you would like it a lot, especially since it appears to be extremely easy to install.

Comment

Working...
      X