Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schweeet Jeeesus... Sidi Vertigo Corsa boots.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schweeet Jeeesus... Sidi Vertigo Corsa boots.

I caught an ad for someone selling Sidi boots in my size for $75 on CL. He bought them off of ebay, said they were Cobras which are just above entry level; $250 new.

So I offer him $60 if they fit, we meet up so I can check them out, and they're not cobras. They're Vertigos. Wait, no... They're Vertigo Corsas. Sidi's Ferrari Enzo boot. Obviously I didn't tell him that, and I walked away with moderately used $425 boots for $60.

Call me biased because of my heritage, but there are few things nicer than Italian made goods.

The boots have what's called the "Tecno II" system which is basically a ratcheting teflon cable at the calf, and one over the top of the foot to allow for custom fitment.

In addition to the thick Lorica material throughout, the boots also have a rigid exoskeleton from the ankle up to the top behind the calf, as well as carbon fiber shin guards. Everything is replaceable on them, and the parts are readily available for reasonable prices.

One of my favorite features is the toe sliders. They have porcelain inserts that serve 2 functions: Reminding you to stop duck footing off your pegs, and help your toe slide if you really are cornering that hard. Most boots have ABS guards which I've had actually try and yank my foot off the peg because it's soft enough material to catch and not slide.

I do admittedly have one complaint, and that is that the toe box (as with all Sidi footwear) is narrower than I like. I prefer a little bit of wiggle room, and these are effectively straight jackets for my toes. A minor inconvenience, as the boots are still very comfortable and solid feeling.

I've seen similar pairs on ebay for as little as $115 shipped. Bear in mind, they run about 1/2 size smaller than street shoes, so my 43.5/9.5s fit like a 43/9

They were discontinued when Sidi introduced the Vortice.
    Last edited by Guest; 08-24-2011, 04:35 PM.

When I was actually in shape and racing cross country mtn. bikes I used exclusively Sidi mtn bike shoes. They are a thing of pure beauty, and lasted 3 times the as long as anything else I ever used.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
      When I was actually in shape and racing cross country mtn. bikes I used exclusively Sidi mtn bike shoes. They are a thing of pure beauty, and lasted 3 times the as long as anything else I ever used.
      Me three, unfortunately the downhill road portion of a race had other plans. I was sponsored by Lake though, so I ran their shoes after that. Vibram soles are a thing of beauty.

Comment

Similar here, only with Sidi road bike shoes. I picked up a couple of spare pairs when they went on sale but the old ones are so durable I'm not sure when they will, if ever, get used.
        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

<<Obviously I didn't tell him that, and I walked away with moderately used $425 boots for $60>>

You should be ashamed of yourself.
          Honesty is the best policy.
          I always say, what comes around goes around.
          sigpic

82 GS850
          78 GS1000
          04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
          .................________-|___\____
          ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Originally posted by cal_look_zero View Post
            Me three, unfortunately the downhill road portion of a race had other plans. I was sponsored by Lake though, so I ran their shoes after that. Vibram soles are a thing of beauty.
            Ahh, we sold Lakes at my shop... they were also very nice shoes. I sold a lot more of them since they were so much cheaper, but also very nice shoes.

I successfully jacked this thead. Sorry!
            Currently bikeless
            '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Wow, those are serious boots, man!

Currently bikeless

Comment

These are more my style:

but either way, I'd bet my (ahem) increased mass would make any of the Sidi's way to narrow for me now.
                Currently bikeless

Comment

Originally posted by Octain View Post
                  <<Obviously I didn't tell him that, and I walked away with moderately used $425 boots for $60>>

You should be ashamed of yourself.
                  Honesty is the best policy.
                  I always say, what comes around goes around.
                  Oh I am. I feel turrible. Guilt consumes me.

I've been an uneducated seller before, now I make sure I know exactly what it is that I'm selling.

Comment

Now those are some nice boots. We wear the same size... Trade?

Just kidding. But I just scored a nice set of Sidi Vertebra off of eBay for $50 plus shipping. Very nice boots. Almost everything on the boots can be changed/replaced. Toe sliders, shin guards, etc. They have bolts on them!

The fit is great, they look cool, and they feel very sturdy.

Now I assume the Vertebra is an older model. Can't find them for sale NEW anymore.

I have yet to do a road test with it for obvious reasons but I'm really looking forward to using them!

Comment

These are more my style:
                      Me too. I'm not a big fan of the power ranger look.
                      Current Bikes:
                      2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

I bought these, and can testify that they are *not* good for long rides in the rain.

They are, however, quite comfortable for walking, which I tend to do a bit of on long rides.

Comment

I use combat boots from the army surplus store if I cant find a good deal on Hi-Tech Magnums.
                          I also use em while mowing the lawn.
                          sigpic

82 GS850
                          78 GS1000
                          04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                          .................________-|___\____
                          ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Great boots. I have an old pair of Alpinestars that I used to wear - bought a pair of SIDIs (albeit, way down the ladder B-One) and I haven't wore the Alpinestars since.
                            "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...dStatesMap.jpg

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

Originally posted by Bert Patterson View Post
                              Great boots. I have an old pair of Alpinestars that I used to wear - bought a pair of SIDIs (albeit, way down the ladder B-One) and I haven't wore the Alpinestars since.
                              Yeah, my A*s are getting goodwilled to a reformed squid. I got them given to me so long as I wore them and reformed from my jeans and skateshoes ways. I had to give them away after I was "reformed" and got another pair.

Now it's my turn to pass the torch, lol.

They're really nice though. SMX GoreTex. Kept my feet dry and toasty over the winter.

Comment

Working...
                              X