Butt relief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Butt relief

At my age, my GS650G seat can be pretty uncomfortable after about 30 miles, and I just clicked on an ad for a weird-lookin' pair of shorts, called "SitRelief". Anybody used 'em, or know of 'em?
    sigpicSome of the totally committed probably should be.
    '58 + '63 Vespa 150's' (London, GB/RI, US)
    '67 X6 T20 ('67 Long Beach, Ca.- misty-eyed)
    '71 Kaw. A1-ugh ('71 SF, CA- worked @ Kaw dlr)
    '66 Yam. YL1('72 SF-commuter beater)
    '73 Kaw. S2A-2Xugh ('73 SF-still parts slave)
    '78 GS 750C ('77 SF-old faithful-killed by son)
    '81 KZ 750E ('81 SF-back to Kaw. dlr)
    '81 GS 650G ('08 back to NE&ME- (project)
    '82 GS '82 (2) GS650GZ, L, Middlebury, G current

At my age ..also. I feel our pain/problem.Am wearing bamboo/blend type,helps better than everyday type shorts.Motorcycle and bicycle type stuff,explore that and try.Also.more better w/the/better shorts, motorcycle specific riding pants(no blue jeans,etc,not good ever).moto/type pants,find some w/double layer leather at seat/butt area,makes huge diff. and the fall protection material factor also,besides built in protective knee and hip armors.Have sheep skin pelt pad,nice,helps some too.Consider replace worn out seat foam with modern/supportive properties,Sargent seat can do that,retain original seatcover replace old foam and also reshape seat foam profile,like a more flatter profile instead of slope.More ergonomic shape seat/support and better angle,relieve pressure points causing discomfort/hotspots.Some ideas,try one,then add another,see how it goes/improves.I do plenty of above still have 'issues" so I stop,get off bike/saddle and stretch/walk about when needed.we got to find a way,little things add up and will/do help out,I hope for you.Have more thoughts,but(t) dont know all issues you are combatting,maybe private/medical nature.Good Luck,experiment somewhat,as you are able to do so.
    Last edited by Guest; 09-12-2011, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by recycled64 View Post
      At my age, my GS650G seat can be pretty uncomfortable after about 30 miles, and I just clicked on an ad for a weird-lookin' pair of shorts, called "SitRelief". Anybody used 'em, or know of 'em?
      Pretty steep price at $89.
      Current Bikes:
      2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

or this

some useful info.

Comment

That's a very interesting and informative link!! Thanks Kdo

Comment

Working...
          X