Zeus 3000 Flipup Helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zeus 3000 Flipup Helmet

Does anyone have one of these helmets ? Reliability, fit, noise, weight, etc ?
    I've read the on line reviews, and they look pretty good. They are available at a store near me for $150 which appears to be a pretty good price. Though the only prices I've seen are on British and Australian sites. I wear glasses so a flip up is preferable.
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time1983 GS 750
    https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4256/3...8bf549ee_t.jpghttps://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4196/3...cab9f62d_t.jpg

Originally posted by bccap View Post
    Does anyone have one of these helmets ? Reliability, fit, noise, weight, etc ?
    I've read the on line reviews, and they look pretty good. They are available at a store near me for $150 which appears to be a pretty good price. Though the only prices I've seen are on British and Australian sites. I wear glasses so a flip up is preferable.
    I bought a Zeus modular (unsure about the model number) shortly after buying my GS, and used it exclusively for a couple years. I don't need glasses, but bought it on impulse, due to a good deal on ebay (and, I thought the flip-up feature was cool). It was a good helmet, overall, in terms of quality, fit, etc., though I relegated it to pillion status, after buying progressively better lids by Icon, Shoei etc. Compared to those helmets (non-modular), the noise factor was substantially higher with the Zeus (this is one of the inherent drawbacks, in going with a modular).....I still used it a few times, around town, but it wouldn't be my choice for any higher speed, long highway rides, esp. without ear plugs. Also, one is trading off some structural integrity for convenience, in going with a modular (IMHO), as opposed to a regular full-face helmet.....just something to think about. I just gave the Zeus away, couple weeks ago, to someone getting a pocket-bike next spring....4 helmets were taking up too much space, and I'm now eyeing a Scorpion, on close-out @ Motorcycle Gear.
    '82 GS1100E

Comment

Working...
    X