Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Progressive Suspension (actual, not vendor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progressive Suspension (actual, not vendor)

so I ordered a set of 12 series shocks from dennis kirk, when they showed up and I did an inventory of parts I discovered that there were no sleeve spacers for the 12mm studs on the bike.

Called dennis kirk, they said that shock kit doesnt come with any sleeve spacers, and they dont have them.

called progressive suspension, explained the situation, got the same answer, that shock dont come with the sleeves,
    BUT... which sleeves did you need, 12mm, ok we will get them sent to you right away, no charge.
    thats right, they sent out spacers that dont come with the kit I bought, free of charge.

thats customer service, and I think I will be a progressive suspension customer for a long time

Agreed, Progressive is great. I have a similar story - a part was missing from a purchase from someone else and they sent me the part for free.

Comment

Ive installed at least three sets of 12 series shocks and they all came with a selection of sleeves -- when did they start leaving them out? And why?

Glad you got it sorted out!
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

apparently 14 inchers dont come with sleeves, I dunno why

Comment

I just order and received a set of 12 series shocks from Z-1 and they came with the 12mm spacers.

-Dave
          82 GS1100E
          five asses because it's far superior to having just four!
          Yes, I watched too much South Park!

Comment

Just got my 12 series shocks in from Progressive and had the 12mm sleeves with it.
            sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
            1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
            2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Working...
            X