Pit Replica received my seat cover for replication 3.5 months ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pit Replica received my seat cover for replication 3.5 months ago

edit - cover has since arrived and looks fantastic. (Oct, 2012)

Tried taking advantage of Pit Replica's "if we don't have it, send us yours and we'll make it for you free" program.

Mailed them my seat cover from 850GN in May, they received it in June. I was expecting it back within 6-8 weeks after that point; it's been about 15 weeks now.

TC has been communicative but I'm getting a little tired of having a piece of pleather on my seat and was hoping for a much more positive experience. I know it's a freebie but it's still business.

Email thread with most recent email (9/24) on top:
    Hi TC.

It's been another 6 weeks. Do you have any additional information for me? I'm surprised because I have only heard good things about Pit Replica.

Please let me know what's going on. Kind thanks,

Aaron

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 7:33 AM, Aaron Schwartz <aschwartz.ux@gmail.com> wrote:
    Thanks for the update. I appreciate the information - just wanted to make sure it hadn't been forgotten or perhaps lost in shipping. Thank you.

Aaron

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 6:21 AM, TC <pitreplica2@gmail.com> wrote:
    Hi Aaron,

Sincerely apologize for the lengthy production time. The mould for heat embossing the top pattern is take the factory sometime. It will be ready soon. Once the mould is done, the making of the seat cover will be fast. I seek your kind understand and will help to expedite the process.

Thank you
    Best Regards, TC

Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2012 8:53 PM
    To: TC
    Subject: Re: GS850G 1979 - 1981 seat cover

Hi TC. It's been quite a while since I heard from you and I was hoping to perhaps even receive the seat cover by this time. Can you inform me of the status of this replica?

1979 GS850GN

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Aaron <aschwartz.ux@gmail.com> wrote:
    Thank you for the update TC! Glad to hear it.
    Look forward to seeing your work and will be sure to write about my experience and recommend your company on thegsresources.com forums.

Thanks for your continued correspondence.

Kind regards

Aaron

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 11, 2012, at 8:01 AM, TC <pitreplica2@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

We are glad to inform you that your seat cover had arrived. We will send it to workshop for production tomorrow. We will let you know once the FREE replica is ready for delivery.

Thanks for everything.

Best Regards, TC
    Last edited by Guest; 10-11-2012, 08:53 AM. Reason: satisfied

That's too bad, my experience was positive. I believe it was 10 weeks door to door. End result was excellent.

Comment

AFAIK, I was the first on GSR to take advantage of their free offer. Yes, it took a long, long time. But the cover looked great and I was very pleased. I was fortunate in that I had a spare seat, but I just kept the faith and it eventually arrived.
      My alternative was a cover that looked nothing like the original for well over $50, so I just waited it out.

Comment

I remember Chuck Hahns '78 GS1000 seat cover taking a long time also, at that time they were experiencing flooding problems in Thailand and they were not satisfied of the quality of the first cover, so they reworked it.
        sigpic
        Steve
        "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

I put one of their covers on my 1981 1000G. It looks great. I don't think your '79 is different from that, is it? It is true that with their descriptions they use for their covers, it is difficult to discern precisely what their covers are supposed to fit.
          sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Originally posted by 850 Combat View Post
            I put one of their covers on my 1981 1000G. It looks great. I don't think your '79 is different from that, is it? It is true that with their descriptions they use for their covers, it is difficult to discern precisely what their covers are supposed to fit.
            Yeah, they really need to get some professional help in identifying what their covers will actually fit.
            I do have a Pit Replica seat cover on mine and it fit well, but remembering the add, it was listed as being able to fit almost any GS1000 out there.
            It did work out well for me though.
            sigpic
            Steve
            "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

Arron..be patient...it will come. I also had to send pictures and explain that the seat pattern for the 78 1000E and C models WAS NOT the same as the seat pattern for the 79/80 Cooley. They kept insisting that i was wrong, so I had Octain send me a picture of his factory original C seat and forwarded it to them as proof that the seat i sent for the 78 1000E was in fact the same seat that was for the 78 1000C. It took forever to convey to them that this seat pattern was uniquely made just for the 78 year, and only for the E and C models.
              MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
              1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

it arrived.

TC emailed me a day or two after my latest inquiry and said something like "i guess my last email didn't go through - it's shipped already"

got it a week or two later. it looks fantastic of course. and of course now i'm looking to sell the 850 :P

Comment

Working...
                X