Held riding equipment review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Held riding equipment review

Hi there. I am curious to know if anyone here has had any experience with this manufacturer. It is fairly new in my country, but in general, now that I have had a bad experience with them I realize that I am unable to find any reviews, positive or otherwise.

Case in point I am talking about this:

http://stores.heldnorthamerica.com/-...Categories.bok

I do a lot of touring. In a Country where rain is always around the corner (or curve.) After two months of owning this boots wearing them 6 days a week at least, water got in.

The local dealer says I miss used/abused them. What?!

This is what they look like in three months

Does anyone have any coments on the proper use of touring waterproof boots? Should they be expected to fail in three months?
    Last edited by Guest; 10-27-2012, 11:49 AM.

I have had these boots for three years, I live in wa. state and know what riding in rain is like they have worked great.
    Alpinestars has outfitted countless world champions and produces the highest level of performance and protective footwear and apparel for motorcycle, motocross and mountain bike riders. Our legacy of motorcycle racing and its roots in Italian artistry are crafted into every product. Discover and shop our product range.

Comment

Chinese junk rebranded for the Cycle Gear brand. It all sucks as they no longer care about quality at all, they got rid of all of the real brands and only sell this cheap crap.. All just throw away stuff.
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by Richsuz View Post
        It is fairly new in my country, ... I do a lot of touring. In a Country where rain is always around the corner (or curve.)
        And just what country might that be?

Probably doesn't matter much to this discussion, but a location in your profile is sometimes helpful.
        Doesn't have to be an exact address, just a town or an area (and the country, if necessary) would be nice.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Guatemala, Central America. If anyone cares to come visit or ride through.

Comment

I was sure my country of origin was listed somewhere...it is in my signature....just saw it myself. But added it to the location box..

Comment

I have no personal experience with the Held boots, but I do have a pair of their riding gloves and I have no complaints at all. I have had the gloves for over 4years and they are holding up great. And the first two years they were the gloves I used road racing. I was sold on them when the guy that pitted with me crashed and slid on his palms about 100 ft and they didn't wear through. I thought that was pretty impressive . I also have some AlpineStars that I like alot, I also ride with A star boots.
              1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
              80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
              1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished :D
              83 gs750ed- first new purchase
              85 EX500- vintage track weapon
              1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
              “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
              If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by Richsuz View Post
                I was sure my country of origin was listed somewhere...it is in my signature....just saw it myself. But added it to the location box..
                Thanks for the update.

Yeah, looking back it is in your signature, but some people don't seem to look there much.

I at least get a little feedback from my signature, as I get the occasional request for my valve adjust spreadsheet.

sigpic
                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
                X