Pinlocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pinlocks

After knocking my old lid down on the road I picked up my new helmet which came with a pinlock visor. The inner pinlocks are available in a variety of colours, originally I thought I'd be changing the colour frequently for weather conditions but realizing I never liked grey tinted visors, and the fact I live in a rainforest, I opted for a yellow to improve contrast in grey and flat light conditions.

Well. There is ZERO fogging, locked tight, stop and go traffic, rain and 8C mouth breathing or not.- no fog. none.
    So if you ride in the rain, to me it's the actual solution to fog up that magic potions and mists have only promised.

For the record the helmet is a medium Arai Signet Q, which has no breath guard.

Originally posted by bluewool View Post
    After knocking my old lid down on the road I picked up my new helmet which came with a pinlock visor. The inner pinlocks are available in a variety of colours, originally I thought I'd be changing the colour frequently for weather conditions but realizing I never liked grey tinted visors, and the fact I live in a rainforest, I opted for a yellow to improve contrast in grey and flat light conditions.

Well. There is ZERO fogging, locked tight, stop and go traffic, rain and 8C mouth breathing or not.- no fog. none.
    So if you ride in the rain, to me it's the actual solution to fog up that magic potions and mists have only promised.
    I agree...I've been using a clear pinlock visor for the past year and it works better than anything I've tried.
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Fog City has one that goes on with adhesive and works similarly. So you don't need a pinlock visor to be fog free.
      Dogma
      --
      O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
      '80 GS850 GLT
      '80 GS1000 GT
      '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
        Fog City has one that goes on with adhesive and works similarly. So you don't need a pinlock visor to be fog free.
        Hey Dogma, do you have a link? That could be a very popular item in these parts. I'll check Sound Rider.. But I couldn't find anything except for links to St John's and San Francisco pubs and restaurants..

Comment

Originally posted by bluewool View Post
          Hey Dogma, do you have a link? That could be a very popular item in these parts. I'll check Sound Rider.. But I couldn't find anything except for links to St John's and San Francisco pubs and restaurants..
          http://www.fogcitysolutions.com/Products

The last one I bought is constructed a little differently, but should work the same. I haven't really had a chance to test it yet, but it strikes me as slightly fragile. Cheap enough to try, though.

Any of them will still fog if you stand around yakking on a cool evening with the visor up. Don't do that. You'll have to find a way to clean it dry it before you ride.
          Dogma
          --
          O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
          '80 GS850 GLT
          '80 GS1000 GT
          '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Working...
          X