Pyramid Parts fork seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pyramid Parts fork seals

Did the seals on my 550. Ordered the parts from ebay and they shipped from the UK.

Parts arrived in about a week.

Parts included two seals, a small tube of grease and two dust boots.

Seals looked identical to the original and fit perfectly.

Dust boots were too small and did not fit right. I would recommend against using them.

Total cost was about 19.49 Pounds shipped ($30.94) which is about $14 cheaper than Bikebandit OEM for just the seals.

I also ordered front wheel bearings from the USA website at the same time but these haven't arrived after two weeks. Not sure what's going on there.

Update: bearings arrived. Took about 2 weeks probably because they shipped from NZ. Bearings came in sealed bags marked "Koyo" and included a small tube of bearing grease. I also sent e-mail about the dust boots and they responded asking for more info. I think I'll take a couple of pics and send them.
    Last edited by DimitriT; 05-13-2013, 07:26 AM.

If I recall,my Pyramid bearings came from Australia.Could be wrong(getting older)
    http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/u...00080021-1.jpg
    1978 GS1000C
    1979 GS1000E
    1980 GS1000E
    2004 Roadstar

Comment

I bought a set to replace the 30 year old OE ones on my bike.

They didn't last more than a few thousand miles before one started seeping and the other pretty much just gave up.

I've cleaned them a couple times and topped up the fork oil but still have the same issues within 1000 miles.

I would not purchase them again, OEM only.

Comment

Working...
      X